1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data.
An essential tool to more than 750 of the world's top retail, manufacturing, telecom, government and financial services enterprises including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, P&G, and RiteAid; 1010data is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery and Data Sharing.
We are seeking a Systems Security Engineer to establish and implement measures to protect the privacy of our customer data and intellectual property.
With more than 25 trillion rows of data in our private cloud, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
The right person appreciates the end-end ownership of building tools and is confident in embracing new technologies that come with cutting edge security.
If you are a software engineer/developer with a systems security background, excited to employ cutting edge techniques to manage and secure massive amounts of data in dynamic web environments, we would like to speak with you!
* Designing, building & managing new security infrastructure
* Continuing enhancement and maintenance of existing security logs, investigating incidents and reviewing code
* Security tool evaluation
* Incident response and investigation
* Mining security data, performing deep analysis to discover unrealized threats, in order to provide better transparency and more accurate metrics
* Implementing identity and key management infrastructure
* Work collaboratively with developers as well as non-technical business units
* Some after hours and on-call work as required
Education & Experience
* Solid background/experience in enterprise level system security and analysis
* Experience with any two of following solution technologies:
* Endpoint protections; including AV, Anti-malware
* Patch management (Windows, Mac, Linux)
* Vulnerability scanning; infra & web (Nmap, OpenVAS, PBNJ & others)
* Configuration management
* Web traffic filtering (OpenDNS)
* Password vaulting solutions
* Full disk encryption (FDE) solutions (Win, Mac, Linux)
* Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) solutions
* SIEM familiarity (highly desirable)
* Interfacing and deployment of directory services (i.e. Active Directory, or LDAP)
* Strong understanding of cryptography algorithms
* Understanding of parallel and distributed systems, and multi-tier web applications
* Communicate clearly and have strong, positive interpersonal skills
* Have the ability to articulate in his/her ideas, consider options presented by others and reach an informed, balanced technical opinion
* Demonstrate the ability to review the technical documentation provided by others and provide constructive comments
1010data is a company developing a cloud-based platform for big data discovery and data sharing.