* Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
* Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
* Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
* Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
* Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the Role:
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer help build 1010data's public cloud product capability, enabling elasticity and scaling of computing and storage. This role will largely involve software development, as well as operations and documentation and we encourage the opportunity to continuously develop your skills and experience.
We would love a cooperative, creative person with strong leadership capabilities, with a drive to solve business issues. As a Sr. Software Engineer you will be adept at finding the right technology balance to solve problems quickly and efficiently, while creating a maintainable codebase that can evolve as technologies change. This role is highly independently so you should have the mindset of working towards goals vs. just following instructions.
If you have a passion for high performance computing, then you will be instrumental in building tools to manage a highly scalable, 24/7 available platform for data analysis. 1010data's production environment is unlike any other; making the ability and willingness to continuously learn and develop new technologies crucial.
What you will take on:
* Software design, architecture and development in multiple languages (C/C++, Java, Python, K )
* Developing the AWS environment, including elastic data processing services
* Testing and Operations
* Mentoring other software engineers
* Perform code review on products outside of primary focus
What you will bring:
* Software development, design and architecture, ideally in C/C++, Java, Python, or similar
* Must have experience building a large scale cloud native system in AWS or migrating a large system from local data center to AWS
* Excellent expertise working with AWS EC2, S3; writing serverless applications is a plus
* Azure experience is a plus
* Ability to read and evaluate other people's code
* Software engineering best of practices
* Experience working with version control systems, deploying CI/CD best practices
* Extensive knowledge of public cloud infrastructure
* Mentorship experience
* Communicate clearly and have strong, positive interpersonal skills
* Feel comfortable presenting to a group including management
* Have the ability to articulate your ideas, consider options presented by others and reach an informed, balanced technical opinion
* Create clear, concise memos/summaries, design documentation and presentations
* Demonstrate the ability to review the technical documentation provided by others and provide constructive comments
* Computer Science or IT related degree from top tier university (preferred), masters or above is highly desirable
1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub-second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data. 1010data is defining the way the world interacts with data.
An essential tool to more than 850 of the world's top retail, manufacturing, telecom, government and financial services enterprises including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, P&G, and RiteAid; the 1010data platform is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery and Data Sharing.
1010data is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status.
1010data is a company developing a cloud-based platform for big data discovery and data sharing.