Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
1010data is seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer to evolve our high functioning, client facing, core product platform technology. The ideal candidate is proficient in all stages of web development, from conception to deployment. You will build server-side application logic using Scala or Python, as well as develop the corresponding client-side application, so familiarity with Vue.js, React, or Angular is required.
The Senior Full Stack Engineer will be part of a high performing team building a new enterprise web-enabled business application. This includes the design, development, testing, and implementation of new functionalities. You truly have to be able to think on both sides of the connection.
If you appreciate the end-to-end ownership of building from scratch and are confident in embracing new technologies to make a tangible impact, come evolve our product as we continue to change the rules of big data discovery.
What you will take on:
* Architect, design, and build microservices in Scala with the Play 2 framework or Python with the Flask framework and front-end code using Vue.js, web components, and TypeScript, all on top of our powerful distributed backend
* Manage and/or mentor junior developers
* Collaborate closely with the team to plan and prioritize our roadmap
* Translate wireframes and user stories into functional applications
* Design and develop tests to ensure the application is highly performant, scalable, and responsive, even on petabyte-scale data sets
* Build thorough unit, integration, and end to end tests using ScalaTest, unittest, Jest, Selenium, and/or Cypress.io
* Deploy applications in AWS and leverage a variety of the AWS IaaS/PaaS offerings. Containerization is heavily utilized via Elastic Beanstalk and Kubernetes
What you already have:
* Proficient in dedicated backend language like Scala, Python, Java, Go, or C#
* Experience with Play 2 or Flask (nice to have, not essential)
* Experience building RESTful services, including strong knowledge of design and architectural patterns
* Experience with automated testing platforms and building unit/integration tests
* Understanding of source control tools, such as Git
* Ability to quickly grasp new technologies
* Strong communication and collaboration skills
* Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in a STEM-related discipline
1010data makes big data discovery easy; we power sub-second responses to run analyses on trillions of rows of data. 1010data is defining the way the world interacts with data.
An essential tool to more than 850 of the world's top companies including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, P&G, Sam's Club, Nespresso, Barnes & Noble, and RiteAid; the 1010data platform is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for big data discovery and data sharing.
With petabytes of data in our private and public clouds, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
1010data is a company developing a cloud-based platform for big data discovery and data sharing.