* Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
* Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
* Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
* Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
* Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role
We are seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer to continue to build 1010data's distributed systems. These systems manage massive volumes of data; this role will create new services, enhance existing processes, and identify and remediate bottlenecks in our distributed systems when pushed to scale.
You will be instrumental in building tools to manage a highly scalable, 24/7 available platform for data analysis. 1010data's production environment is unlike any other; the ability and willingness to continuously learn and develop new technologies is crucial. This role will offer and encourage the opportunity to lead a team whilst continuously developing your skills and experience.
What you will take on
* Working on a distributed backup/data migration system that moves petabytes of data across hundreds of servers
* Understanding our powerful vector processing technology
* Developing business needs and customer requests into formal requirements
* Mentoring junior employees
* Leading projects, ensuring on-time deliverable that are within scope and budget
* Building technical proof of concepts
* Scaling proof of concept implementations into full production systems
What you will bring
Education and Experience:
* Computer Science or IT related, masters or above is highly desirable
* Must be an experienced Software Engineer, having built systems at a high level. Ideally, systems that have moved petabytes of data
* Must have experience working on distributed and/or data management systems
* Strong algorithmic experience and problem solving skills
* Proficiency in distributed or client/server development with C, Python, or similar programming language
* Knowledgeable about how software design decisions can affect large scale system performance
* Experience working in vector languages is ideal, but not essential
* Communicate clearly and have strong, positive interpersonal skills
* Feel comfortable presenting to a group including management
* Articulate ideas, consider options presented by others and reach an informed, balanced technical opinion
* Create clear, concise memos/summaries, design documentation and presentations
* Demonstrate the ability to review the technical documentation provided by others and provide constructive comments
1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data.
An essential tool to more than 850 of the world's top retail, manufacturing, telecom, government and financial services enterprises including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, P&G, and RiteAid; 1010data is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery and Data Sharing.
With more than 32 trillion rows of data, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
1010data is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status.
1010data is a company developing a cloud-based platform for big data discovery and data sharing.