* Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
* Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
* Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
* Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
* Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About the role:
UX Designers at 1010data are responsible for creating meaningful and relevant experiences for our end users, meeting their needs and minimizing the amount of difficult they have in interacting with our product and brand. By leveraging both research and design techniques and championing a human-centered design process, UX Designers aim to produce beautiful, elegant solutions to complex problems that are as easy to use and enjoyable as possible.
The UX Design role is a hybrid role, where practitioners are expected to be the primary designers of solutions and experiences as well as leverage research activities to inform their design decisions. UX Designers are expected to work cross-functionally with engineers, product managers/owners, and other roles at 1010data to understand requirements and limitations, identify assumptions, and prioritize research/design activities in order to support feature and product delivery.
What you will take on:
* Use an iterative design approach to generate solutions to complex problems, including the use of wireframes, information architecture, user flows, and rapid prototyping.
* Champion design thinking and human-centered design processes within your team and within 1010data broadly.
* Work collaboratively with Product Managers, Engineers, and other product team members in order to deliver high-quality user experiences.
* Prepare design materials for consumption by the engineers on your product team and work closely and collaboratively with them.
* Leverage research methods to answer questions about our products, users, and solutions, and de-risk assumptions being made.
* Willingness and ability to communicate design ideas and rationale to product team members, taking and giving feedback effectively.
* Identify and explore multiple ways to solve a given design problem, weighing the pros and cons of each approach, being mindful to different user needs, usability heuristics, and product/business constraints.
* Employ design patterns that are appropriate for the medium being designed for, whether it be mobile, desktop, or other form factors.
What you already have:
* 1-3 years of proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer or similar role
* An understanding of the user research process at a high level, including when and how to leverage research.
* An iterative approach to design that includes building empathy with the end user, defining problems they face, ideating on solutions to those problems, building prototypes to test assumptions/ideas, and synthesizing the results into further iteration.
* The ability to efficiently produce design assets using industry-standard design software tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, InVision Studio)
* Experience thinking through the eyes/abilities/life experiences of a variety of other people and take their needs and desires into consideration.
* Experience working independently (self-starting) and being able to execute effectively within constraints.
* A strong portfolio of relevant projects.
* A high level of attention to detail and taking pride in the quality of your work
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub-second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data. 1010data is defining the way the world interacts with data. Come be a part of it. Come do powerful things with data.
An essential tool to more than 850 of the world's top retail, manufacturing, telecom, government and financial services enterprises including Dollar General, P&G, and RiteAid; the 1010data platform is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery and Data Sharing.
With more than 30 trillion rows of data in our private cloud, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
1010data is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status.
1010data provides cloud-based big data analytics for retail, manufacturing, telecom and financial services enterprises.