About the teamWe are a production operations team that is passionate about building and optimizing well-designed, resilient automatic systems with good feedback loops. These systems eliminate toil and produce effective metrics that each person in the Zillow.com product development and operations life cycle can consume to know what they need to do to meet their service reliability and performance objectives. We're on a hybrid platform with a mix of people to support that complex environment to match.
About the role
As a DevOps Engineer on the Production Operations Delivery team, you'll be working to build efficiencies between the Ops and Dev teams. You will be functionally aligned with Product teams helping them optimize existing platforms and engineering the next generation of the Zillow Group cloud-native services. Close partnerships between the Product developers and infrastructure Operations teams starting during the design phases of new work is key to the success of our 160 million rare users who visit Zillow Group brands' mobile apps and websites each month. The Zillow Group brands growth plan relies heavily on cloud platforms and partnering with our internal Support teams across ZG. We are looking for an expert, hardworking and motivated individual who will support our internal partners and highly distributed systems.
* Develop infrastructure solutions that allow our production services scale with the business
* Solve production deployment-related issues and analyze performance and operational metrics against service level objectives
* Collaborate with internal groups (product, engineering, and operations teams) with whom we partner
* Implement end-to-end quality assessment and analytics for various distributed services
* Participate in cross-functional projects and take ownership of individual feature efforts
* Lead in the adoption of Continuous Delivery and automation of platform services
* Implement tools and dashboards for various services and operations in the Infrastructure team
Who you are
You have hands-on experience with a mixture of Software Development, Systems Administration or Systems Engineering, and a passion for harnessing data to create virtuous feedback loops to help product teams and operations teams achieve their goals. Maybe you are an Ops person who has adapted to the latest cloud technologies or a developer who owns supporting their production code. It doesn't matter how you got here but you understand what it takes to build and support resilient services in the cloud.
You are excited about building software systems that make running websites automatic, that accurately measures and alerts on vital signs of product health, and that helps product managers define and realize their service reliability goals to maximize the delight of users.
* 4+ years of software development and/or extensive scripting/automation experience in object-oriented languages like Python, Java, or C#
* 5+ years of Linux Systems Engineering or equivalent infrastructure experience
* Very comfortable with current cloud-native and next-gen platform solutions (AWS, Containers etc.)
* Proven experience working closely with Dev teams and LEAN/Agile methodologies
* Fluency in CI/CD tools and approaches
* Comfortable with the requirements of a 24/7 on-call production environment
* BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent hands-on experience
Think you have what it takes? We'd love to hear from you!
Get to know usZillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile. Our mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Zillow is a company providing an online real estate marketplace for finding and sharing information about homes, real estate, and mortgages.