About the teamThe Data Engineering team, part of Zillow Group Analytics, processes Terabytes of data daily, and handles Petabytes of data overall. The team enables analytics & decision-making throughout the company.
* Small team = big impact. Engineering teams are highly decentralized, in order to create the small-team speed and autonomy of a start-up environment, but backed by big company resources.
* Fast-moving, developer-driven organization full of forward-thinking and ambitious people.
* Learn more about what we are doing at www.zillow.com/engineering and www.zillow.com/data-science
About the role
* As a Principal Software Engineer, you will take ownership of mission-critical ETL pipelines, from data ingestion to consumption by business intelligence and advanced analytics.
* In particular, you will work closely with the Premier Agent organization, which is the most visible and largest business line within Zillow Group.
* You will architect and build a Big Data platform that will fully automate the creation of these pipelines.
Who you are
* You are a Big Data expert and a hands-on coder
* You are fluent in Python; experience with another language like Scala (or Java) is preferred
* You have independently designed and built complex, highly scalable / reliable data pipelines, using EMR, Kinesis, FireHose, Spark, Parquet, Hive, Presto, and Airflow, or equivalents
* You have deep experience in applying automation to data engineering (DataOps)
* You understand the concepts behind distributed databases, and both streaming and batch processing systems
* You know a Cloud platform, such as AWS, and Infrastructure-as-Code tooling (e.g. Terraform)
* You like to work very closely with business and product stakeholders
* You have delivered large projects on schedule and on budget
* You have a interest in Machine Learning
* You have excellent communication skills
* You can learn new technologies quickly
* You have a degree (BS / MS +) in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or equivalent work experience
Get to know us
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Zillow is a company providing an online real estate marketplace for finding and sharing information about homes, real estate, and mortgages.