About the teamThe Renovation team builds the tools and platforms that enable field operators to manage and automate their day-to-day tasks in the entire renovation process. These include a number of platforms ranging from mobile apps to microservices and web applications. We're looking for a software engineer to help design and develop our various services and applications.
About the role
We are on a mission to give consumers certainty and control when selling their home. In the Zillow Offers product, Zillow buys homes directly from interested homeowners, thereby sparing them the tremendous stress and effort of selling. As we re-sell these homes, we are building next-generation experiences for buyers to find, tour, and purchase a home with transparency and control. Zillow Offers is a key initiative at Zillow as we aim to define the future of the real estate. The product is still in very early stages, so come seize this rare opportunity and apply your expertise in a brand new arena. This is the opportunity to:
* Architect robust and reliable microservices on a modern stack
* Implement the backend services and data stores
* Contribute to our workflow tools that are essential for our business process management
* Integrate with other systems and services across the Zillow Offers organization
* Write high-quality code that is readable, testable, and extensible
* Research and pioneer the adoption of new technologies for our team
Who you are
* You have 3+ years of professional experience in software development
* Solid understanding of an object-oriented language such as Java or C#. Java is preferred
* Excellent knowledge in relational database schemas and SQL queries
* You have worked with non-relational data stores
* Proficiency in designing and implementing a microservice
* Experience in writing unit tests in multiple layers
* Experience with AWS or other cloud providers
Things you'll love…
Competitive compensation, stock options, and all sorts of benefits you'd expect (and many you almost certainly don't!)
An influential position on a quickly-moving team at a rapidly-growing company
Opportunities to work with forward-thinking people who also like to have fun
Excellent career growth opportunities
An awesome open office with great views, adjustable standing desks, a cold-brew coffee keg, rooms with treadmill desks in them, frequent lunch deliveries, a bunch of video game consoles/games, ping pong, foosball, and shuffleboard tables, and other surprise perks just waiting for you to stumble upon them.
If you think you've got what it takes to succeed in this position, we'd love to talk to you!
Get to know usZillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile. Our mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Zillow is a company providing an online real estate marketplace for finding and sharing information about homes, real estate, and mortgages.