Partners Data Systems
Job ID R1902515-1 Date posted Feb. 22, 2019
VMware Cloud on AWS Solution Engineering for Global Accounts
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights. The VMware Cloud on AWS Solution Engineer for Global Accounts works as part of a dynamic and specialized sales team that is responsible for engaging with the largest and most strategic customers, to understand their business challenges, IT priorities and the use cases of their cloud needs so they can be mapped against the capability of the VMware Cloud on AWS service. As such it is expected that the VMware Cloud on AWS Solution Engineer for Global Accounts will work with both IT and other pertinent Lines of Businesses within the customer base and includes stakeholders such as Infrastructure teams, Operations teams, Cloud teams, Application teams, Development teams and Enterprise Architecture teams. We are seeking an individual who has a real passion for technology - someone with social intelligence, enthusiasm and a collaborative spirit who also has a 'can do' attitude as part of their dna. The ideal person will be someone who can demonstrate integrity and independence yet have a huge desire to give back to the team. This is a highly visible and strategic role, at the forefront of VMware's strategy and transformation, working in a highly collaborative and fast-growing environment.
As a VMware Cloud on AWS Solution Engineer for Global Accounts, you will be crafting a solution that will include activities such as running strategy, discovery and architectural workshop, conducting client interviews, conducting secondary research and soliciting guidance from the VMware Global Account Team. This team works with product managers, public cloud partners, and other stakeholders in the design and validation of offerings and alignment for a customer's cloud architecture. Our primary responsibility is to work with customers, however there will be a strong linkage to VMware's Cloud partner ecosystem in order to design & prove out transformational strategies spanning private, hybrid or public cloud architectures. We are expected to contribute to those strategies, develop reusable domain IP, and mentor internal & external partners on the use of the tools & technologies.
As a Cloud Solution Engineer, you should have strong customer-facing experience with excellent listening and discovery skills. Strong interpersonal and influential skills with ability to solve complex problems, be a big picture thinker and be able to visualize and articulate the proposed solution. With a clear and agreed upon client vision and outcome, you will be responsible for crafting the solution during the sales process and retain client ownership through to early consumption. While strong experience in Pre-sales is essential, having a background in professional services and/or cloud operations is also highly desirable.
Strong consultative selling skills and a mix of technical skills, business insight, and a passion to lead and support the customer is required. You will take the role of a lead technologist and should have a deep understanding of technology, Enterprise Architectural Best Practices including industry and vertical market use- cases. You will have domain level understanding of cloud infrastructures and architecture including compute, network and storage as well as cloud management areas such as automation, operations management, orchestration, and DevOps. Deep knowledge of next generation application &Cloud platforms including but not limited to: Containers (Kubernetes or Docker), Cloud Foundry, Amazon Web Services, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF),Puppet, CloudBees, Hashicorp, Docker, RedHat, Chef, IBM Softlayer, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc. is a huge plus.
The ideal person must demonstrable appreciation and experience of some of the following areas:
* Monitoring and Alerting
* Systems Testing and Disruption
* Logging and Log Analysis
* Task Execution
* Cloud and Container Management
* System Provisioning and Configuration
* Application Integration and Deployment
* Pipeline Orchestration
* Work with the VMware Cloud on AWS Sales Specialist and Global Account Teams to understand customer's business and application needs, use cases, technical and operational objectives
* Translate those customer needs into a robust cloud solution based on the VMware Cloud on AWS service
* Own and lead the technical validation, design and prove phases of the sales cycle, including running architectural and technical workshops, POCs, Pilots, to ensure the solution meets the customer's expectations and needs
* Drive accelerated consumption of VMware Cloud on AWS through supporting on-boarding of, and architecture of applications.
* Translate application development requirements into capabilities that can be delivered with the VMware Cloud on AWS solution and show how this can provide agility, reduce time to market and deliver value to the customer
* Present VMware's holistic cloud strategy and integrated vision across private, hybrid and public offerings
* Maintain current knowledge of the VMware SDDC portfolio and the rest of VMware's Cloud Services
* Navigate the customer stakeholder community to gain consensus to a VMware application-centric SDDC strategy.
* Communicate effectively at Infrastructure, Operations, App/Dev, Enterprise Architect and CxO level to articulate and differentiate the VMware Hybrid Cloud with VMware Cloud on AWS
* Navigate and collaborate with Partners, especially AWS, as well as various internal VMware stakeholders including Customer Success, PSO, TAMs, Product Management & Marketing, and others.
* A senior technical leader with independence and gravitas that the customer will respect and look to for guidance on long-term technical and architectural strategy.
* Actively support and mentor through the SME program ensuring that knowledge is pushed to the wider VMware community
* Author blogs, technical articles and white papers
* Public speaking - conferences, events, training, etc.
* Press & Analyst engagement
* Be flexible to travel, both locally and internationally.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
This position is eligible for the JoinVMWCloudonAWS referral campaign
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.