Partners Data Systems
POLITICO's mission from the very beginning was to win the audience. We dedicate ourselves to providing accurate, non-partisan, impactful information to the right people at the right time so that they can act with confidence and speed. We experiment to avoid being disrupted and we have fun disrupting others. And we are not afraid to risk failure if it means being the best at what we do.
POLITICO is looking for a Cloud Systems Engineer with dedication and drive to implement positive change. You will be responsible for supporting existing highly-available infrastructure in a hybrid environment while recommending and implementing strategic cloud migrations and learning new technologies. In this position, you will work hand in hand with DevOps and network engineering resources and will be a valued technical support partner in AWS. You will be the subject matter expert for all thing's Windows server and a mentor to junior team-members in efficient and effective problem management. You will work to increase the baseline of support and redefine quality service to support this fast-paced and growing organization. This position is uniquely defined to allow for creative problem solving, implementation of new technologies, and drive strategy. As the organization grows, you will have the opportunity to learn new technologies and expand your expertise through hands-on project support.
What You'll Do:
* Maintain and support a Hybrid cloud environment, while working with various teams across the technology department to migrate all physical production infrastructure to a cloud-based environment
* Develop and recommend systems strategy and new technology solutions that support an expanding environment with multi-organizational flexibility
* Support and expand single sign-on SAML environment
* Produce, maintain and test a runbook and documentation on installations, problem management and troubleshooting
* Directly interface with employees in the pursuit of resolving advanced problems
* Successfully meet compliance standards and pass recurring audits through configuration management
* Respond promptly to system outages and interface with other business units and vendors as needed
* Contribute to planning efforts relating to business continuity and disaster recovery
* Identify inefficiencies and determine solutions
* Perform ad hoc responsibilities as needed
How You're Measured:
* Accuracy of work and support of team
* Ability to work proactively as part of a team as well as independently
* Ability to recommend and implement strategic plans
* Meet established deadlines
* Meet compliance standards and maintain accurate configuration management
* Accurately and efficiently respond to service-impacting incidents and recommend problem resolution
What You'll Need:
* Bachelor's degree in technical discipline with 3 to 5 years of enterprise experience or a combination of education and 5 to 7 years of enterprise experience
* 3 to 5 years of Windows server experience in a virtualized enterprise environment
* Demonstrable knowledge of domains, Active Directory, Group Policy and similar services
* 3 to 5 years of SAML/Federation experience preferably with Office 365/Azure Active Directory
* Demonstrable knowledge of networking best practices, terminology and architecture
* 1-3 years of experience in direct user/customer support and ticket triage
* Certified AWS Solutions Architect/Associate or 3 to 5 years of experience in the design, migration, and support of AWS infrastructure with the desire to obtain certification
* Demonstrated knowledge of storage devices and Hyper-V environments
* Past experience in migration of on-premises infrastructure to IaaS environments. Experience in migrations from Hyper-V to AWS strongly preferred.
* Previous experience in scripting and automated methods of software/configuration deployment
* Knowledge of SQL, relational databases, and how to structure efficient queries
* Functional competency in Linux preferred
* Certification or knowledge in Cybersecurity strongly desired
* ITIL Foundation level knowledge or certification desired
* Ability to excel in a fast moving, high visibility environment working with new technologies and facing new challenges daily
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators, and talent cultivators. Our culture is defined by grit, total integrity, and a prioritization on innovation.
We value our people. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
Let's keep in touch. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @politicocareers and #meetPOLITICO for a deep dive into what makes us POLITICOs and our adventures. We'd love to hear from you!
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.