Insider Inc. is seeking a passionate and talented UX/UI designer to join our UXD team in New York. Our team builds solutions for Insider Inc.'s growing family of digital products: Business Insider, INSIDER, Markets Insider, and BI Intelligence. On the UXD team, you'll work closely with our Product, Edit, and Engineering teams to create elegant, intuitive, best-in-market digital solutions across all digital platforms.
Our candidate has experience designing complex systems, loves brand building, and is hungry to grow and innovate. You are thirsty for knowledge and use critique as an opportunity to get better every day. You keep the big picture in focus with the help of coaching and leadership but stay grounded with strong design fundamentals and work ethic. You must possess strong digital application skills for mobile, desktop, native apps, and the web.
What you will do:
* Create visually engaging, elegant, and functional digital experiences for our mobile web, app, and desktop environments
* Solve problems presented by stakeholders and product teams
* Compose quick prototypes to communicate ideas
* Work with product owners, company stakeholders, managers, developers, and the UXD team to bring concepts to reality
* Balance multiple projects and meet required deadlines
* Give and receive constructive design critique
* Innovate but stay on brand
* Build design systems, component libraries, and help define UX standards
* Help champion, evangelize and grow our ever-evolving design culture at Insider Inc.
* Create complex and scalable editorial design systems from wireframe to completion
Skills you need:
* 3-5 years of relevant digital UI/UX design experience
* A proven track record of launched digital product involvement that delights, innovates and scales
* Primarily proficient in Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator
* Familiarity with prototyping tools like InVision
* Knowledge of design, interaction, and performance limitations in iOS and Android
* An understanding of motion graphics, user experience, and interactive design for touch-based interfaces
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* The ability to turn challenging requirements into beautiful and functional solutions
* An undying passion for design, multimedia, and the user experience
* Thorough knowledge of social media and it's effectiveness from an interaction and design perspective
* A sense of humor
* Any coding experience
* Editorial design experience
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.
About Business Insider
The latest business news and analysis.