Are you an individual who relishes at the idea of structured and systematic processes? Does an undocumented process make you cringe? Does chaos ignite your passion to create order?
Business Insider is a fast-growing business site with deep coverage of finance, media, tech, politics and the topics that digital natives need to get better every day. Launched in 2007, we are now the largest business news site on the web. We offer a great work environment and excellent benefits with a collaborative team that has a lot of fun.
As our Release Engineer on the DevOps team, you'll be tasked with creating systematic processes for daily release schedules and components involved in those releases. You will work with the DevOps team to provide expert level support for all deployments and deployment tools such as but not limited to Jenkins, Ansible, New Relic, Sensu, AWS and Docker. You will work closely with all teams within the organization (Product, QA, Backend, Frontend and DevOps) to help cut release branches via Git and create release schedules for all applications. Your responsibilities will also involve overall release communication across teams; as well as determining the risk/disaster level of deployments and rollback plans as needed case by case.
Additional responsibilities will revolve around DevOps tasks to improve release consistency and quality such as Jenkins Pipeline creation, automated release documentation, and configuration management.
Please apply right away and tell us why you're a good fit for the role.
* Serve as a member of the DevOps team while managing overall release health, release performance, and capacity of systems/applications during releases.
* Obtain a deep understanding of Business Insider's deployment tools and applications
* Learn current processes and help cultivate healthy standards across different application teams.
* Manage cutting release branches for multiple applications daily
* Troubleshoot release and application issues, while communicating status to the rest of the team
* Work with developers to cross-pollinate devops processes and ensure that structure is followed
* Determine appropriate risk levels and disaster recovery for releases
* Work with the backend and frontend teams to understand and eventually improve upon gitflow within each team
* Become a champion/expert and eventually the go-to for all release related questions.
* You have managed or supported multi-application release infrastructures before
* You will learn and excel in many emerging technologies in the land of systems and CI/CD such as Jenkins, Varnish VCL, CDNs, Docker. You will code effectively in programming languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby, Go, particularly in system automation and config management.
* You are familiar with deployment, automation, configuration management and monitoring tools, concepts, and principles.
* You are effective at communicating in a fast-paced environment with other engineers and product managers.
* You are confident and assertive when making the call to rollback or fix forward.
* You have professional Linux Systems Operation experience in a production environment.
* Experience with Docker, Gitflow, Jenkins Pipelines, AWS, Ansible/Config management,, Kubernetes is a plus
If this sounds like the position for you, let us know by applying online!
About Business Insider
The latest business news and analysis.