As a Story Engagement Engineer you'll work with a team of talented and enthusiastic web engineers to build seamless, beautiful and performant user experiences that will delight and inspire our readers!
Here's who YOU are:
* You have been working with web technologies for 3+ years.
* You are a strong problem solver who is always looking for solutions
* You value testing your code and can implement unit and functional tests
* You are intimately familiar with Chrome/Firefox/Safari dev tools
* You have applied experience and understanding with common software design patterns.
* You are interested in every aspect of the stack from top to bottom
* You are familiar with server-side programming in Node JS, Go or PHP
* You have experience with UX design
You are a great fit culturally if:
* You're an advocate for great user experiences.
* You're a self-starter, and love taking initiative to fix issues before being assigned them.
* You enjoy raising code quality by suggesting best practices and identifying problems during code reviews.
* You're excited to grow your team's visibility in the tech community through blogging, tech talks, writing docs, and open-source projects.
* You love playing obscure board games (we host semi-regular board game nights)
Apply and tell us a bit about yourself!
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.