Insider Inc. is looking for mid to senior Software Engineers to join our growing subscriptions team.
In this specific role you would be tasked with projects that improve our subscription services. Building optimized platform/channel specific workflows using a reusable library that interface with both our internal and 3rd party systems and apis. Using A/B testing you will work toward developing the optimal funnel to convert a causal user to a subscriber and paying customer, by optimizing the signup experience. This means you will improve the customer experience and reduce failed transactions. The role will work with our Data team to identify and build intelligent systems to take advantage of the success patterns we see and work with product team to help define and codify the evolving product. Goal to is maximize signups at the same time providing experiences that delight and inspire our users.
What does an Engineer's role at Insider look like exactly? From the latin root of the word 'Engine' the word Engineer derives from the word ingenuity, meaning to show brilliance in creation. Engineers put the parts of a functioning tool or device together to solve important problems. Here at Insider Inc. we solve our unique problems and solve them well. We combine our ingenuity with our desire to delight our readers. We build our products from the ground up. We are a talented and collaborative group. We are ardent coders and tinkerers of technology.
There is so much more we want to do and we need your help!
Here's who YOU are:
* You have been working with Web Technologies for 3+ years.
* You have experience working with RESTful API (JSON/XML)
* You have experience with data. Both Relational and Non Relational Databases.
* You are a strong problem solver, with thorough knowledge of Web Technologies.
* You value test driven development and can implement unit- and functional- tests.
* You have applied experience and understanding of OOP design patterns.
* You are interested in every aspect of the stack from top to bottom.
* You have prior experience with Customer Relationship Data
* You have an interest in Machine Learning
* You have an understanding of various payment systems
You are a great fit culturally if:
* You value mentoring junior developers, and building a collaborative culture.
* You're a self-starter, and love taking initiative to fix issues before being assigned them.
* You enjoy raising code quality by suggesting best practices and identifying problems during code reviews.
* You're excited to grow your team's visibility in the tech community through blogging, tech talks, writing docs, and open-source projects.
Apply and tell us a bit about yourself!
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.
About Business Insider
The latest business news and analysis.