Insider Inc. is looking for mid to senior Software Engineers to join our growing eCommerce team.
In this specific role you would be tasked with projects that improve our eCommerce services. As we expand our revenue streams, we want to know what is working and do more of it. You will be working closely with 3rd party affiliates, both on optimizing the user experience to maximize conversions but also building solutions that can collect the needed data points to help understand the entire purchase funnel. We will be using the data we have to expand the existing products as well as identify new product opportunities. The role will work closely with our Data team to identify and build intelligent systems to take advantage of the successful patterns as well as collaborate with product team to help define and codify improvements. Our goal to is maximize revenue by providing experiences that delight and inspire our users by presenting them with great eCommerce opportunities.
What does an Engineer's role at Insider look like exactly? From the latin root of the word 'Engine' the word Engineer derives from the word ingenuity, meaning to show brilliance in creation. Engineers put the parts of a functioning tool or device together to solve important problems. Here at Insider Inc. we solve our unique problems and solve them well. We combine our ingenuity with our desire to delight our readers. We build our products from the ground up. We are a talented and collaborative group. We are ardent coders and tinkerers of technology.
There is so much more we want to do and we need your help!
Here's who YOU are:
* You have been working with Web Technologies for 3+ years.
* You have experience working with RESTful API (JSON/XML)
* You have experience with large data sets. Both Relational and Non Relational Databases.
* You are a strong problem solver, with thorough knowledge of Web Technologies.
* You value test driven development and can implement unit- and functional- tests.
* You have applied experience and understanding of OOP design patterns.
* You are interested in every aspect of the stack from top to bottom.
* You have prior experience with Customer Relationship Data
* You have experience working with 3rd Party Affiliates
* You have an interest in Machine Learning
You are a great fit culturally if:
* You value mentoring junior developers, and building a collaborative culture.
* You're a self-starter, and love taking initiative to fix issues before being assigned them.
* You enjoy raising code quality by suggesting best practices and identifying problems during code reviews.
* You're excited to grow your team's visibility in the tech community through blogging, tech talks, writing docs, and open-source projects.
Apply and tell us a bit about yourself!
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.
About Business Insider
The latest business news and analysis.