Are you interested in learning cloud operations? Do you have the skills to take on and conquer any problem before you, big or small? Do you understand that DevOps isn't a skill, but a culture? How do you reduce toil and keep your environments reproducible?
Business Insider is a fast-growing business site with deep coverage of finance, media, tech, politics and the topics that digital natives need to get better every day. Launched in 2007, we are now the largest business news site on the web. We offer a great work environment and excellent benefits with a collaborative team that has a lot of fun.
As one of our DevOps Engineers, you'll be tasked with building and supporting scalable, secure, resilient infrastructure in AWS and other cloud providers. You will be an invaluable resource for our tech teams, our writers and editors, and the readership of the largest business new site in the world, providing awesome infrastructure, purposeful metrics, and actionable alerts to ensure we run a great site and have great lives outside of work.
* Serve as a member of the DevOps team while managing overall system health, performance, and capacity of systems.
* Manage and improve our global AWS services and infrastructure.
* Troubleshoot application and system issues, while communicating status to the rest of the team.
* Work with developers to cross-pollinate devops processes and ensure that new architecture keeps manageability, delivery, and operability in mind.
* Add the minimal amount of complexity to monitor, deploy, and scale a continuously growing environment.
* Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
* Participate in an on-call rotation.
* You have built or supported resilient cloud applications at scale.
* You will learn and excel in many emerging technologies in the land of systems and CI/CD such as Jenkins, Varnish VCL, CDNs, and code effectively in programming languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby, Go, particularly in system automation and monitoring.
* You are familiar with automation, configuration management and monitoring tools, concepts, and principles.
* You are effective at communicating in a fast-paced environment with other engineers and product managers.
* Experience with Docker, AWS, Ansible is a plus.
About Business Insider
The latest business news and analysis.