Position Title: Tech Lead/ Lead Developer Ecommerce
Location: South Deerfield, MA; Hoboken, NJ or Boca Raton, FL
Reports to: Director - ATG COE, Digital Technology
The Senior Developer Ecommerce will be responsible for working on a team of ecommerce developers and technical leads as a senior contributor. This role uses their knowledge to balance and solve diverse ecommerce development needs. The successful candidate will be able to promptly deliver solutions in: on prem, cloud based and ecommerce enabled environment.
* You will work as part of a cross-functional, e-commerce development team responsible for new application development, integration and/or improving existing applications within the direct to consumer ecommerce platform.
* Ability to work within a geographically distributed team of developers comprised of a combination of employees and contractors with both an onshore and offshore component.
* Hands-on development of web-based applications in a public facing, global e-commerce environment including integrations with external systems and third parties such as CMS, CRM, ERP and payment processors. Involvement spans all aspects of front and back end development, from making pixel perfect sites to integrating code with backend systems.
* Ability to lead the team in defining technical requirements and solutions and drive projects through to completion.
* Actively participate in all phases of the software development life cycle including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
* Helps coordinate release and sprint planning with developers and other stakeholders.
* Prior experience as an individual developer where the focus was on designing and building advanced software solutions that scale across hundreds of servers and meet aggressive fault tolerance standards.
* Ability to work with other Information Technology teams to implement system improvements and standardization.
* Responsible for keeping pace with new releases for purchased applications including patch releases.
* Build and maintain good, positive relationships with both internal and external partners.
Ability to lead peers, projects, vendors and mentor other team members including conducting code reviews
* Bachelor's degree in relevant fields (Computer Science, Engineering)
* 7+ years of relevant experience including e-commerce, web application development and systems integration.
* Integration experience to back-end Java technologies and strong knowledge of web application development using enterprise Java technologies and frameworks including JDBC and Spring is required.
* Experience working on large-scale eCommerce systems. ATG or Webshere prefered.
* Experience working with and/or integrating to systems such as ERP, CRM, and OMS.
* Experience implementing Headless Commerce/Content-over-Commerce utilizing APIs and platforms such as ATG, Webshere, Elastic Path, commercetools, or Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware).
* Troubleshoot Ecommerce platform issues (e.g., cart issue, site down, loading issues, payment processing, etc.). Properly identify the root cause and correct or manage solution with the appropriate stakeholders.
* Object Oriented Analysis/Design/Development and MVC experience.
* Strong experience with XML/XSL/XSLT/XSD, HTTP, REST, APIs.
* Strong data manipulation and SQL expertise.
* Experience using Git/Bitbucket for code sharing, deployment management and team collaboration
* Experience using Jira for Application Lifecycle Management.
* Experience working using Agile methodology and in fast paced environment.
* Familiarity of working in a multi-vendor environment.
* Familiarity with various hosting models (cloud/PaaS/on-prem).
* High level of self-motivation and initiative, and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and quickly acquire proficiency with new skills.
* Demonstrated collaboration skills with the ability to handle conflict and to work with a distributed team.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to convert business requirements into detailed system design and technical specifications.
* Comfortable working through ambiguity.
* Experience with ATG, Endeca, Webshere, Elastic Search, Docker, and Kubernetes is preferred.
* Knowledge of web security, performance, and caching is preferred.
Strong knowledge of linting, profiling techniques, memory management and web page performance tuning is preferred.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
About Newell Brands
Newell Brands designs, sources, and distributes consumer and commercial products worldwide.