Job Title: QA Analyst
Location: Aurora, IL
Reports To: Design Assurance Manager
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Design Assurance Technician is responsible for the testing of products to ensure they are fit for purpose and can achieve the appropriate standard of performance prior to market release. Duties include test planning, test case development, risk analysis, test execution, defect management, and test status reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ability to execute test cases and/or procedures ensuring that complex functional / technical specifications, product performance requirements and use cases are met throughout the product development lifecycle. Which includes:
* Demonstrable experience in Agile testing methodologies (exploratory, load, stress, acceptance, regression, localization, black box/white box, security, performance, usability, accessibility, smoke, automation).
* Help plan, scope, schedule and implement testing strategies. Which includes creating / designing test cases in an Agile environment platform (Test Rail) and covers a combination of automated and manual test procedures.
* Ability to conduct research on cutting edge technologies and associated compliance standards / requirements in order to properly scope out applicable testing.
* Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
* Analyze system performance and create bug stories in JIRA as part of the defect tracking process.
* Provide support for test working group, test readiness reviews, formal system verification of the requirements.
* Ability to write test script code (java, python) for automated testing tools, services, and frameworks is a plus.
* Provide feedback on project progress to all team members and stakeholders.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's (required) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
* 2+ years experience (preferred) in software / systems integration testing.
* 2+ years experience (preferred) testing Apps on Mobile devices.
* Knowledgeable in electrical hardware (preferred) and able to solder when applicable.
* Proficiency in using Agile tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Test Rail
* Experience with continuous testing integration tools: Jenkins, Git, Bitrise, Test Flight, FireBase
* Experience testing API's
* Experience with AWS Cloud services testing (preferred).
* Black box testing using Android and iOS hardware and software.
* Good understanding and experience in Agile development QA methodology and Scrum. Certified Agile Technician (CAT) preferred.
* Ability to plan / research and implement all aspects of the testing process.
* Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
* Proficient ability in status reporting, communicating technical data / results and issues, impacts, and corrective actions.
* Proficient ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and effectively handle complex assignments.
* Should be a team player, creative thinker, quick learner, proactive, excellent organization / time management skills, positive attitude, and can adapt to a fast changing environment.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
About Newell Brands
Newell Brands designs, sources, and distributes consumer and commercial products worldwide.