OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Systems Laboratory Engineer is responsible for operating OneWeb laboratory and related equipment in the performance of development and integration testing of the OneWeb laboratory systems.
* The Engineer will configure servers and networking equipment, create and run scripted tests, record results, and produce test reports.
* The OneWeb lab is the primary integration and testing point for a wide range of OneWeb internal users and the job requires a customer-centric attitude to provide a test environment and equipment for these users
* Maintain test equipment in working order
* Receive/account for equipment, disposing
* Perform maintenance, updating firmware and patches, troubleshooting equipment communication problems
* Set up servers, networking, and crating new Virtual Machines (VMs)
* Write scripts for automated testing
* Maintain inventory in an SQL database
Required Skills & Experience:
* A flexible attitude and an ability to quickly learn and master new operating systems, applications, and technologies.
* Proficiency with hand tools (UTP, coaxial, and serial cable termination), and with network test tools.
* Extensive understanding of IP networking and subnetting
* Proficiency with Linux and Windows Servers including VMWare.
* Writing and data analysis skills to the extent that the engineer can produce test procedures and reports with no re-writing required.
* Proficiency in basic scripting using common scripting languages.
* Troubleshooting skills
* Experience in a technical or networking position
* Demonstrated Proficiency in 1 or more scripting languages
* Proven Proficiency in both Linux and Windows system administration
* Proficiency in building and operating network management systems
* Proficiency in networking and RF cable manufacture
* Experience with IP routing and subnet addressing
* Ability to lift 50 pounds
* 4-year degree in a technical field
* Proficiency with operation of RF test equipment including signal analyzers, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, and power meters
No visa sponsorship available for this position
OneWeb is a manufacturer of a satellites constellation intended to provide global broadband access.