OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Sr. IP Network Engineer is a member of the OneWeb Wide Area Network team, this role will develop and support a global network architecture that provides high availability, seamless data connectivity between OneWeb Satellite Network Access Portals (Teleports), globally located POPs, our Network Operations Centers, and related OSS/BSS.
* Designs and supports large scale hosting solutions for server farms in Data Center or Co-Lo facilities.
* Designs and supports high performance transport solution in terms of POP placements and peering strategies.
* Works with equipment vendors and service providers to determine the offerings that meet the gathered requirements. Ability to coordinate solutions with customers and vendors to provide the strategy for the overall OneWeb's LAN/WAN & IP Network Architecture.
* Develops and publishes standards for IP & Routing network architecture to include customer projects and Peering points. Robust IP planning & engineering with well architected backhaul, create a very high performing, low latency, high availability, and secure operating model.
* Analyzes and models long term network demands, provides guidance to optimize network performance and capacity in a Service Provider environment.
* Determines SLAs for a global network based on requirements and interface documents from other teams to meet their needs, including other network segments, management, and security teams.
* Designs the End-to-End QoS at all layers of the stack to ensure low latency and optimized services delivery.
* Develops OneWeb's NFV/SDN solution with Openstack implementations.
* Develops solutions to ensure optimized cost of production and great customer experience through effective leverage of caching, ISP(s) integration, smart content management, routing, analytics, cloud and virtualization.
* Works with other organizations and disciplines including engineering, business management, marketing, and sales.
* As the Sr. IP Network Engineer, you will be a key person in the WAN team for all things IP, Routing, Peering and overall Networking Strategy and Architecture.
Required skills and experience:
* A minimum of 10 years of experience in telecommunications preferably with a Tier 1/2 ISP or Service provider ISP, MSO, or other carrier centric environment.
* At least 10 years of technology leadership experience supporting a large, geographically distributed network infrastructure.
* At least 10 years of experience in architecting reliable and high-performing networks;
* At least 10 years of experience with network design, protocols, hardware, configuration, tools, monitoring, and troubleshooting on large IP4/IPv6/MPLS/OSPF/BGP and Ethernet networks.
* Strong knowledge in Data Center principles, transport/backbone/peering designs and implementations. Fiber optic knowledge is highly desirable.
* Strong experience in developing reliable and high-performing networks integrating LAN, WAN, Internet, and intranet components.
* Experience analyzing network performance, working knowledge of Network Management Systems and implementation thereof.
* Extensive experience with TCP/IP, routing protocols, QoS, caching, DNS, header and data compression.
* Understanding and experience with satellite-based telecommunication systems is a plus, but not required.
* Successful experience as an individual contributor and/or technical lead in the development of complex telecommunications systems with emphasis on LTE and IP networking systems.
* Excellent written and communication skills and ability to work in large diverse team environments.
* BS or equivalent education required
* Technical certifications such as CCIE or JNCIE are required
OneWeb is a manufacturer of a satellites constellation intended to provide global broadband access.