OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
OneWeb is in search of a Senior Systems Engineer to be part of the Systems Engineering group. The group is responsible for providing global connectivity through the architecture, design, development, simulation, and modeling of the end-to-end system. The position will report to and work closely with the Director of System Architecture and Engineering at the onset but will then report directly to the Chief Systems Engineer. The senior systems engineer will work closely with the various systems and segment level engineering teams to support the endeavors of the commercial team. In this role the senior systems engineer will be pivotal in providing support during the entire sales cycle of the commercial team- from initial customer engagement through contract signature.
The Senior Systems Engineer in the Commercial Team Support group will focus on the following aspects.
* Play a pivotal role in bridging solutions engineering (within the commercial team) and the various engineering teams within systems engineering, as well as across other engineering teams
* Serve as a resource for deep technical knowledge of the OneWeb system capabilities
* Document system requirements for system analysis tools required by the commercial team, then work to build, test and roll-out these tools
* Train the solutions engineering team on tools usage and continually improve them
* Generate system level simulations as required that's not part of the sales tools
* Develop white papers and PowerPoint presentations as needed on system capabilities, then maintaining an up-to-date repository of the material
* Understand customer solution needs then work towards architecting solutions to meet those needs, keeping the system integrity in mind
Required Skills and Requirements:
The ideal candidate will be a mid-level system engineer with some experience designing or implementing complex RF and IP communication networks.
* Good understanding of systems engineering practices
* Good understanding of multiple key technical areas including: LTE/3GPP architecture, TCP/IP networking, embedded software, RF, and security architectures
* Deep understanding of IP networks, TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, and other networking technologies
* Prior experience working on customer solutions in the IP space helpful
* Understanding of the principles of digital communications including source encoding, channel coding, modulation and transmission, demodulation, and decoding
* Familiarity with the Linux operating system, XML, JSON, Python, and REST
* Familiarity with cloud-based architectures including AWS and Azure Innate curiosity to engage and keep up with new technologies and a desire to learn, deeply, the underlying principles behind them
* Ability to multi-task and engage on multiple technical levels
* Unafraid to ask questions and to seek answers
* 3+ years related experience
* BSEE required, MSEE preferred
* CCNA or CISSP highly desirable
No visa sponsorship available for this position
OneWeb is a manufacturer of a satellites constellation intended to provide global broadband access.