OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
* No visa sponsorship available for this position*
As part of OneWeb's Cloud and DevOps Transformation, I'm seeking Full-stack Engineers to deliver a game-changing customer experience across all customer touch points, with a focus on cloud engineering, service adoption framework and observability.
You can breathe in Amazon Web Services (AWS) as Aquaman breathes in water. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Python, Go, Java, #Scala, #Spark, .Net, Angular/React, REST, JSON, XML, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Chef, Ansible, Maven and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
* Manage the AWS Platform and the service adoption framework
* Provide technical leadership to a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle
* Manage the Incident Management program
* Collaborate with architects, other teams, product owners, and software engineers to drive the evolution of our existing portfolio and build new capabilities
* Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent
* Manage technology support teams to develop business applications, or ensure business applications have high availability and adequate performance, to include demonstrating year-over-year performance improvement
* Conduct design and code reviews to ensure compliance with standards
* Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
* Maintain records to document program development and revisions
* Wrangler: You know how to programmatically extract data from a database and an #API, bring it through a transformation or two, and model it into a human-readable form (ROC curve, map, d3 visualization, Tableau, etc.).
* Creative: Big, undefined problems and petabytes of data don't frighten you. You're used to working with abstract data, and you love discovering new narratives in unmined territories.
* Leader: The ability to own the application from end to end, and act as an owner.
* Fearless: What you don't know, you figure it out.
* Possess excellent design and coding skills and a zeal for building applications using open source frameworks for cloud native technologies.
* Will be responsible for all aspects of SDLC of existing and new components.
* Is hands-on building UI using Angular 4+ with Typescript, Node.js, CSS/SCSS and HTML and back-end micro services using Python, Java, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL and Tomcat with full ownership of shipping user-facing enterprise products.
* Focus on the customer and the details that make their experience exceptional
* Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization
* Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in a full-stack development tools and technologies
* Possess a strong sense of engineering quality and takes pride in the code they're responsible for while defining best practices as our teams abide by a You Build It, You Own It attitude
Required Skills & Experience:
* At least 2 years of experience in Application Development: Python, Java, JEE, Spring, Go, or Lua
* At least 2 years of experience in one of Cloud technologies: AWS, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible or Chef or Puppet or Salt, Terraform
* At least 1 year of experience with Protractor, Karma, or Jasmine
* At least 1 year of experience with Jenkins or Drone
* At least 1 year of experience with Ansible or Chef or Puppet or Salt
* At least 1 year of experience working with cloud-based infrastructure in AWS or Azure or Google Cloud
* Master's or Minor in Computer Science
* 3+ years of experience developing RESTful APIs
* 3+ years of experience in developing UNIX and Shell Scripts
* 3+ years of experience in Testing frameworks and Quality Assurance technologies: ATDD, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, and SoapUI
* 3+ years of experience in Container orchestration frameworks: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, or Amazon ECS
* 3+ years of experience providing enterprise Linux-based systems administration
* 1+ years of experience with Artifactory, Nexus and GitHub
* Certified in Java, Spring or AWS technologies
OneWeb is a manufacturer of a satellites constellation intended to provide global broadband access.