OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast-growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
OneWeb is embarking on a major program to deliver market leading capability to create a greenfield global digital telco. We want people who want to contribute to the company's mission by leveraging their experience and expertise to make a difference.
The project manager will work with extended teams of both in-house and vendor partners to achieve the key outcomes needed through stakeholder engagement, planning, proactive risk management - to best achieve the main outcome - be the easiest company to do business with!
The delivery and ops team is a part of the Customer Enterprise Segment (CES) in OneWeb which has responsibility for driving the implementation and ongoing management of all the core technology systems and processes for running the customer, product and service life-cycle.
The CES segment also has responsibility for end-to-end architecture, core network, security, services and cloud & IT.
* Translate strategic goals into project-level objectives and make plans to achieve them.
* Build teams and collaborate effectively to drive large projects towards successful on-time and on-budget completion.
* Structure the delivery organisation to best leverage key skills and identify and fill gaps.
* Use structured as well as creative methods to facilitate resolution of complex issues and mitigate risks and manage smooth delivery.
* Build relationships with stakeholders across the organisation as well as key vendors with a view to driving towards needed outcomes.
* Build plans, manage risks and issues, identify and track dependencies, establish and manage the governance framework and constantly validate assumptions and avoid surprises.
* Track and report on project status.
* Own the achievement of key project outcomes and be answerable to the sponsor.
* On-time/on-budget delivery of key projects
* Effective collaboration between team to solve complex problems and achieve challenging outcomes.
* Metrics driven execution of projects showing key improvement in KPIs and OKRs with time.
* Manage contracts and delivery from vendor partners and leverage maximum benefits for OneWeb with a win-win approach.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Extensive experience in global distributed project management.
* Recent telecommunications experience.
* Proven track record working in an Agile environment in a Scrum Master kind of role.
* Pragmatic, outcome focused, determined and dogged in the pursuit of goals.
* With the gravitas to challenge assumptions.
* Formal project management certification desirable but not essential.
OneWeb is a manufacturer of a satellites constellation intended to provide global broadband access.