As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will work on launch vehicles, space vehicles and launch facility systems for the New Glenn Program. You will work across subsystems and support integrated solutions to achieve our vision of "millions of people living and working in space." You will support system engineering practices across disciplines predicated to a high degree on your technical skills in one or more areas of analysis, design, or integrated testing. You will develop, allocate, manage, and verify requirements and interfaces using tools like DOORS Next Gen and other functional analysis toolsets. Your activities may include engagement in conducting trade studies, developing margins for allocations, risk and change management, gated reviews, fault analysis, proposals, test planning, technical performance management, configuration and data management, payload integration, and regulatory compliance. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Support Vehicle and Ground System Project Leads by carrying out systems engineering activities in accordance with Blue Origin standards and practices, engaging in tailoring required processes to complete tasks assigned including:
* Requirements decomposition, analysis, traceability, and verification
* Functional and Systems analysis,
* Technical performance monitoring,
* Development and maintenance of system analysis documentation,
* Participation in gated design and production reviews,
* Develop and mature Concept of Operations documents
* Integration and coordination of subsystems
* Analyzing requirements to develop verification strategies
* Demonstrating requirements verification skills on complex, integrated systems
* Minimum of a B.S. degree in engineering or other technical field
* 5 to 10+ years of current technical hands-on experience in at least one of the areas:
* Integrated testing
* 5 to 10+ years of current technical hands-on experience in at least one of focused discipline of:
* Avionics or electrical hardware and/or software
* Ground Operations
* Flight and/or Ground Autonomy.
* Flexible mindset
* System mindset and aptitude
* Team player
* Good communication skills,
* Ability to work effectively in teams
* Good execution and coordination skills
* Some experience in system engineering practices formal or informal
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* System development/integration experience, preferably with aerospace hardware\
* Knowledge of current systems engineering and integration tools and methodologies
* Experience with systems engineering tools such as DOORS Next Gen
* Experience in reliability, maintainability and operability analysis and execution
* Experience with collaboration tools such as Confluence and JIRA
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.