As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will develop, evolve and maintain software to control manufacturing processes and contribute to the automation of advanced manufacturing workflows for various spaceflight components. You'll take ownership of software that controls manufacturing processes at the machine level and at the facility level. Interfacing with machine subsystem engineers, facility automation engineers, machine and process operators, and internal customer design engineers and project leads, you'll identify requirements and opportunities for implementation of capabilities touching many aspects of the integrated additive manufacturing system, from machine level control to facility level data integration. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Develop software to control manufacturing processes at the machine level and at the facility level
* Develop and integrate commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and custom built computer-aided-design (CAD) and computer-aided-manufacturing (CAM) software for advanced manufacturing applications
* Contribute to the definition, implementation, and hands-on integration and maintenance of software-controlled electromechanical subsystems for various steps in the additive manufacturing process
* Implement data integrations and automated workflows to ensure that all relevant data and information is available to manufacturing engineers, design engineers, and manufacturing facility operators to support timely and effective design and manufacturing decisions
* Take ownership of identifying opportunities for improved reliability and efficiency of manufacturing processes through automation; own and drive the technical architecture, roadmap, and implementation
* Take ownership of identifying and resolving gaps in available data and information for manufacturing decision making
* Minimum of a B.S. in computer science or equivalent and 4 years of experience in a related field
* Experience integrating motion control with higher level software platforms. (custom application and/or object oriented applications)
* Applications and development experience with closed loop controls
* Experience developing systems involving sensors and electromechanical actuators
* Database design, development, and management (SQL, NoSQL, XML) experience including Extract Transfer Load (ETL), unstructured and semi-structured data mining and extraction, and data warehousing
* Software scripting abilities with implementation languages (Python, Perl, C/C++/C#/Java, REST)
* Desktop application/toolchain integration and scripting/automation skills
* Record of good judgment in make/buy analysis and decision-making for software systems
* Experience in rapid application prototyping, development, deployment, and support
* Industrial control and automation skills
* Highly engaged and proactive with stakeholders in identifying opportunities and delivering solutions
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Hands-on experience with implementation and troubleshooting of cabinet and/or board-level electronics, electronic diagnostic equipment such as scopes and meters
* Additive and/or CNC manufacturing/fabrication experience
* Hands-on experience with materials and manufacturing processes
* Knowledgeable in the use of AWS or other cloud infrastructure
* Experience in time series and imagery data storage, management, automated feature extraction and analysis
* Experience designing experiments, ANOVA, regression analysis, data model reduction, and factor analysis
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.