As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for creating guidance, navigation and control (GN&C) software for various spaceflight systems. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating personal leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Develop guidance, navigation and control requirements with flow downs to subsystem and software levels and companion verification methods
* Establish and build GN&C software architectures and control system components in MATLAB, Simulink, and C
* Conduct stability and performance assessments including development of linear and non-linear models
* Develop verification and validation procedures to ensure software products will perform as specified to meet system and subsystem requirements
* Perform analyses, including simulations and Monte-Carlo, to satisfy top-level system specifications and requirements
* Perform plant model validation using test and flight data
* Support systems analysis with a cross-functional mindset to support system level architectural decisions
* Support the development and execution of GNC software unit testing, software-on-target testing, hardware-in-the-loop testing, on-vehicle functional testing, and flight testing
* Support configuration design studies and develop prototype control system solutions.
* Identify opportunities for safety improvements and operational cost savings
* B.S. in electrical, mechanical, physics, mathematic, or aerospace engineering
* 5+ years of relevant experience
* Demonstrated advanced knowledge in designing, testing and flying aerospace guidance and control systems for rockets, missiles, and aerodynamic reentry systems
* Highly organized and capable of planning and guiding complex technical work
* Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated experience with MATLAB and Simulink and associated autocoding practices
* Able to identify problems, perform root cause analysis, and implement corrective actions
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* M.S. or Ph.D. in electrical, physics, mathematic, mechanical, aerospace or other related engineering disciplines
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience with inertial sensors, GPS receivers, and other navigation aids
* Demonstrated knowledge in vehicle state estimation
* Demonstrated experience in modern control design techniques
* Demonstrated advanced knowledge in the development of exo-atmospheric attitude control systems
* Hands-on experience with hardware-in-the-loop testing and test development
* Continuously manage risk and be comfortable with lean software development techniques
* Solid system engineering and configuration management skills
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.