As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will work end to end from requirements gathering through delivery. These steps may include data pipeline development, data modeling and governance, and report delivery or dashboard design. This position requires a commitment to quality and attention to detail that will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Collaborate with departments to access and collect data that informs decision making
* Build and maintain tools, analytics, and reporting to highlight technical performance metrics and other key information identified by programs and functional leadership
* Work with various subject matter experts to build reports and run analysis for various program and tactical related questions
* Develop and deliver content for operational reviews with internal leadership
* Deliver actionable insights on financial performance and opportunities to reduce costs without impacting performance
* Perform data mining for valued projects
* Complete cost benefit justifications on strategic optimization decisions
* Lead key business analytics initiatives, as required.
* Give voice to the data, talk with people, ensure they understand what it means and it meets their needs.
* 3 to 5 years of business analytics experience
* Master's Degree in Computer Science (or similar area of study)
* Technical expertise and experience both SQL and NOSQL databases
* Understanding of a wide array of data models including relational, dimensional, document-based, object oriented, object-relational, and graphical
* Technical expertise in data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI)
* Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash)
* Proficiency in database interrogation of SQL and NOSQL databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Neo4J, MongoDB)
* Strong analytic skill set and a high degree of proficiency in data mining
* Excellent written communication and presentation skills
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Experience with and knowledge of project management principles and practices
* Experience with web based APIs (e.g. REST, SOAP)
* Experience in manufacturing processes such as Integrated Supply Chain
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.