The Systems Administrator supports the Corporate Infrastructure of the Company through integration, maintenance, administration and upgrades of an enterprise wide environment. These responsibilities include effective provisioning, installation /configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, servers and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, CRM and related procedures adhere to IT Standards as set within the team. They will be responsible for supporting the access of needs of current employees and consistently looking for ways to improve the Company infrastructure.
- Provide 24/7 support coverage for all in scope servers and users during on-call schedules.
- Architect and deploy corporate high-availability network expansions.
- Partner with other teams to build tools to simplify processes and create efficiencies.
- Advise and contribute to corporate infrastructure projects.
- Respond to escalated IT tickets and provide ticket queue coverage if necessary.
- Develop, implement and support alerting and monitoring tools.
- Develop and maintain conceptual, logical, and physical designs for Redapt server infrastructure.
- Maintain server and storage environment per policies including security patches, firmware upgrades, hot fixes, service packs, intermediate versions / full version upgrades.
- Design, script and implement solutions to automate daily IT and cross-departmental tasks.
- Maintain and support the O365, Active Directory and other enterprise systems.
- Forecast system demands, recommend upgrades, expansions and reconfiguration.
- Participate in after-hours maintenance activities to support Company environment.
- Consult on complex technical issues and depict highly complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences.
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship and knowledge sharing for other technical staff in the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent work experience
- 4 -5 years of relevant experience
- Professional application in VMWare Administration
- Experienced with all aspects of automation engineering
- Proficient in Email Maintenance and Support
- Proficient in Active Directory, specifically, a robust understanding of:
- Group Policy
- FSMO Role understanding
- Functional Level Support
- Replication Topology/Site Topology understanding
- Azure AD
- Professional experience with SAN Support and Maintenance
- Experience with Hardware Maintenance on Servers
- Functional knowledge of system engineering for Linux and Windows
- Knowledge of and experience with corporate IT security best practices
- Senior level scripting skills (Powershell/Python), and experience with Rest, SOAP, APIs and MySql.
- Understanding of Change Management principles