Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The role of Support Technician, Dolby Cinema will be an integral member of the Dolby Cinema team ensuring theexceedingly high standards of Dolby Cinema's around the globe are maintained.
The successful candidate will work with the Dolby Cinema Service Manager to resolve critical cases using remote tools,direct contact with onsite personnel, and working with Dolby's service partners.
In addition, the Support Technician will monitor case activity, prepare reporting, assist in the creation of documentation, and create/deliver training material for both Dolby teams and partners. The role will also include some onsite service work, participation in hardware testing, providing input to the Engineering and QA teams.
The individual for this role will be expected to have experience in the service and maintenance of cinemas via practical onsite experience or in a NOC support role.
This includes understanding of cinema projection, audio, automation, and other assets in a cinema environment. In order to best be able to support our exhibitor partners, the ideal candidate will have worked for an exhibitor or technology vendor in this space.
The main responsibilities and roles of the position of Support Technician, Dolby Cinema are:
* Monitor technical support cases and resolve critical and major cases in a timely manner working with remote tools,Dolby's service partners, and local cinema staff
* Schedule onsite service and support for field issues utilizing Dolby's service partners and/or Dolby's technical staff
* Provide support for Dolby's Implementation team in the field including the processing of RMA and tracking of parts
* Create reports highlighting issue trending, part consumption, and key spares needed for service and support
* Participate in engineering and QA meetings representing field service related topics
* Provide information to hardware partners on service related product issues
* Assist in the creation and maintenance of documentation for Dolby Cinemas, including: Projection, Audio, Automation, and additional assets found in a Dolby Cinema.
* Provide real-world feedback to internal stakeholders to help identify potential needs for updates to the Dolby Cinema specs, or general offering.
KEY ATTRIBUTES and REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
He or she should have technical background, with knowledge of image technologies and digital projection systems for digital cinema. He/she should be a good team player and capable of working with diverse multi-functional teams, across different time zones around the world.
Critical Competencies for Success
* A Post-Secondary degree or equivalent experience with an understanding of Digital Cinema equipment, including support for: Digital Cinema Servers, Integrated Media Blocks (IMB), Cinema Audio Processors, 3D Cinema products, and Digital Cinema projectors.
* Knowledge of cinema design concepts, acoustics, SMPTE and other relevant cinema standards
* Experience with CRM and support tools for technical support (Sales Force, AMDOCS, Teamviewer. Etc.)
* Minimum 3 years' experience in a Cinema Technical Support roll, or similar technical role in the cinema or projection
* Experience in both Windows, Mac and Linux based operating systems and application software programs.
* A proven track record of working without supervision in the field and dealing professionally with cinema customers and
vendors at all levels.
* Strong organizational skills with demonstrated attention to detail
* Committed to quality, with a low tolerance for accepting 'good enough'
* Excellent project management skills
* Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting specific deadlines.
* Ability to travel both domestically and internationally is required to fulfill this position's requirements
* Ability to lift and carry up electronic equipment for installations
* Ability to work at a computer keyboard 4 hours a day
* Communicative and transparent
* Out-of-the-box thinker, ability to roll up sleeves and work.
* Self-motivated with an ability to maintain high standards and results while working independently
* Naturally able to network, build and maintain relationships
* High-ambiguity tolerance
* Diplomatic and able to execute in a dynamic deadline driven environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
About Dolby Laboratories
Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (often shortened to Dolby Labs) is a company specializing in audio noise reduction and audio encoding/compression.