Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
We are seeking a Program Manager to join the Consumer Entertainment Group based in San Francisco, to help bring the next generation of spectacular audio experiences to market. You will use your business and technical acumen to ensure that programs are efficiently executed to meet the strategic market needs and opportunities. You will drive complex programs from initiation to delivery while using your careful planning, schedule management, influencing, and communication skills. You can expect to handle a variety of demanding programs with multiple cross-functional dependencies and team dynamics in order to successfully complete programs within scope, schedule, cost, and quality.
* Drive the activities of cross-functional teams to develop the newest consumer and professional audio technologies for the market.
* Work with internal and external partners to ensure alignment of goals, timelines, expectations, and resolve any issues and/or escalations.
* Manage and revise the Plan of Record (POR).
* Monitor program Return on Investment (ROI) and ensure products meet business and customer needs.
* Ensure effective teamwork and communication with key partners and that all partner needs are being addressed.
* Provide timely and effective program status updates to senior management and recommend potential corrective actions as appropriate.
* Partner with key stakeholders in each group to align on overall objectives and plan and gain their support.
* Anticipate problems and build risk mitigation plans accordingly. Communicate critical issues in a timely manner.
* Ensure that Dolby's process methodologies, templates, and tools are properly applied to all programs.
* Contribute to the refinement of program management methodologies within Dolby. Improve development and business processes continuously within programs.
* Minimum of 7 years professional experience in driving software and hardware product development programs from inception to end of life, as a project and/or program manager.
* Specific experience working with cross-geographical teams - the ideal candidate will have several years working in a US-based or multi-national company, across multiple time-zones, with external partners and suppliers.
* Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
* Strong ability to persuade and present across the organization, from individual contributors to senior executives.
* Superb knowledge and demonstrable skillful application of program and project management practices, tools, and processes as they apply to product development.
* Practical experience with risk analysis, conflict resolution and meeting facilitation.
* Ability to operate at a high-level and also dive deep with probing questions when needed.
* Strong drive to uncover problems early and ensure they are addressed
* Excellent organizer who takes the initiative and can work independently to achieve goals established in a team environment.
* Proficient in Microsoft Project or similar scheduling tool, PowerPoint, and Excel.
* Proficient in Confluence and Defect Tracking tool (ex: Jira).
* Experience in consumer entertainment product development or technology is a plus.
* Some International travel required (2-3 times per year)
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
About Dolby Laboratories
Dolby Laboratories is a company specializing in audio noise reduction and audio encoding/compression.