Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones.
As an intern, the Dolby U program offers impactful, project-based work experience in a collaborative, creative environment where you work side by side with industry leaders. Amplify your insatiable curiosity by implementing real-world solutions that revolutionize how people communicate and how entertainment is created, delivered, and enjoyed worldwide. For anyone seeking to gain invaluable expertise through meaningful, personal contributions, join us to design a future where technology meets entertainment!
Intern will work closely with Science development and prototype team to develop and integrate cross-platform enhanced hearing solutions within entertainment and communications ecosystems. Dolby Laboratories is looking for a self-motivated, talented individual interested in applying their theoretical and practical expertise in computational data-driven development as well as system user interface development to contribute to innovative sensory-based technologies. This individual will work
closely with scientists, developers, and a data collection team to innovate and develop new technologies that enhance and optimize the human sensory experience.
The position is in the Science Group-within the Technology Strategy department of Dolby Laboratories. It will involve work in close collaboration with other scientists/technology developers/researchers in multiple locations.
* Proficient in established and novel methods of experimental design and scientific hypothesis testing Exposure, and prior use of non-invasive human physiological measures such as EEG, galvanic-skin conductance, pupillometry, or other categorically similar methodologies
* Strong interest in learning and researching new technologies
* Interest or experience in the study of sensory perception and application to technological development and assessment
* Highly proficient in Matlab
* Experience with a wide variety of statistical analysis methods Proficient at writing technical papers/reports/presentations
* Excellent abilities to work with new scientific problems regarding experimental design development regardless of prior exposure to current topic
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills Experience working in teams and a team-oriented work ethic
* Experience with Python, C, C++, or Java
* Knowledge of signal processing theory
* Experience with speech, audio, or video bit-rate reduction technologies
* Experience working with quantitative methods of neural data analysis
* Interest or experience in the bimodal perception of audio-visual material
* Critical listening or viewing skills
* Working towards a Psychology, Neuroscience (Psychophysics), or Computer Science, or a B.Sc. or a related field; recent grads who are within 6 months of graduation are also eligible to apply
* Must be available to work full-time Monday-Friday for 6 months between May/June 2019-Nov/Dec 2019
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
About Dolby Laboratories
Dolby Laboratories is a company specializing in audio noise reduction and audio encoding/compression.