Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for day-to-day management and execution of one or more enterprise-level projects through the project lifecycle. This position is embedded within the IT Enterprise Applications function and is responsible for delivering projects across a range of application platforms including (but not limited to) SAP, Salesforce.com, Java, .Net custom applications, Atlassian (Jira, Confluence, etc.), and others. This role is responsible for defining and delivering IT projects within the agreed-upon budget, scope and timelines and managing issues and risks through the project lifecycle as well as articulating project status and managing stakeholder expectations. This position will need to work collaboratively with functional business areas and IT partners to achieve project objectives, milestones, and deliverables and ensure the implemented solutions are of high quality.
Essential Job Functions
* Delivery/Execution: Applies technical knowledge, planning expertise, and a holistic view to project lifecycle management to ensure stakeholder engagement, appropriate team composition, and ultimately on-time, successful completion of goals and deliverables.
* Coordination & Communication: Manages day-to-day operational aspects of assigned projects, ensuring clear, pro-active and relevant communication flow to team members and stakeholders.
* Work Plan Management: Creates and executes detailed project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
* Resource Management: Identifies resources needed and coordinates approval of internal resources and recruitment of external contractors if needed. Assigns individual responsibilities within project team and manages resource allocation.
* Budget Management: Manages project budget, tracks team hours and expenses, and reports on project burn rate. Ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project as appropriate.
* Quality Oversight: Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to customers. Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
* Project Management Governance: Effectively applies project management methodologies and enforces project standards. As required, reviews and oversees external (non-IT and contractor) project managers to ensure they are appropriately managing their projects and adhering to Dolby's project management governance processes.
* Issue/Risk Management: Manages, resolves, and escalates (as appropriate) issues to ensure high quality deliverables. Minimizes exposure and risk on project and ensures appropriate action.
* Leadership Competencies: In addition, the job functions listed above, the Sr. IT Project Manager must demonstrate the following senior leadership competencies:
* Makes Sound Decisions: Focuses on important information without getting bogged down in unnecessary detail. Probes and looks past symptoms to determine the underlying causes of problems and issues. Applies the appropriate technical knowledge, information, and expertise in making decisions. Decisive in the face of uncertainty or ambiguity.
* Leverages Financial Data: Makes prudent decisions regarding expenditures. Draws accurate conclusions from financial and quantitative information. Accurately forecasts costs. Summarizes and uses financial performance data to provide useable feedback and clearly communicate results.
* Builds Realistic Plans: Identifies action steps needed to accomplish objectives. Prepares realistic estimates of resource requirements needed to accomplish team or work group objectives.
* Manages Execution: Conveys clear expectations for assignments; monitors progress of others and redirects efforts when goals change or are not met; holds people accountable for achieving their goals. Does not allow unexpected obstacles to derail progress. Encourages others to set challenging goals and high standards of performance. Fosters a sense of energy, ownership, and personal commitment to the work. Provides honest, helpful feedback to others on their performance. Helps other identify and prioritize their development objectives.
* Communicates Effectively: Communicates clearly, concisely and persuasively; able to adjust and adapt communication style as appropriate to different audiences, including executives. Encourages others to share information and viewpoints frankly and openly. Proactively shares timely updates and information with relevant parties.
* Motivates Teams: Creates a friendly and collaborative project environment. Motivates team members to deliver unselfishly and to function as a cohesive group. Takes action to celebrate milestones, acknowledge key contributors, and create a fun project atmosphere.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Education Required
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Science or equivalent
* Minimum of 8 years experience working with information management systems
* Minimum of 5 years experience managing enterprise-level application development / implementation projects, including overall responsibility for schedule, budget, solution delivery
* Deep functional/technical expertise or experience delivering projects related to SAP required
* Thorough knowledge of Project Management Institute (PMI) global best practices. PMI Certification, ScrumMaster certification, or other project management certification is desired
* Experience with portfolio and program management of multiple, related projects
* Ability to handle multiple large projects or programs concurrently and manage competing priorities
* Must have excellent public speaking and presentation skills
* Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong customer focus and demonstrated ability to work in geographically dispersed teams
* Strong proficiency with MS Office applications required
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
About Dolby Laboratories
Dolby Laboratories is a company specializing in audio noise reduction and audio encoding/compression.