Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Scrum Master / Project Manager
Dolby is searching for a Scrum Master/Project Manager to join our team. We are looking for someone with a strong background managing projects in an Agile environment and a proven track record of successfully delivering technology projects in the software industry.
* Serve as Scrum Master for one or more software development teams
* Integrate Agile principles into team product development practices and Jira administration
* Help deliver products according to the road-map through associated development phases
* Utilize team feedback, retrospectives, and metrics to identify areas of opportunity and work with your team to continuously improve
* Drive multiple Product and Engineering-led project implementations through full lifecycle, from ideation to release
* Collaborate cross-functionally with team leads to define program scope and goals, and forecast completion date
* Communicate program status to all stakeholders
* Proactively lead change, identify potential risks, and build contingency plans
* Coordinate across teams, often using varied project management techniques
* 5+ years Agile experience as a Scrum Master or Project Manager
* Strong project management experience delivering technology initiatives
* Proven expertise developing effective, matrixed, cross-organization relationships, collaborating and communicating across business and technology stakeholders and multiple geographies
* Experience with different agile software development methodologies such as Scrum, and the associated tools of Jira, Confluence, etc.
* Demonstrated aptitude for risk identification and mitigation
* Capacity to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously
* Experience in the Pro Audio, Consumer Electronics and/or Gaming industry a plus
* Hands on experience with programming languages and software development tools is a plus
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
About Dolby Laboratories
Dolby Laboratories is a company specializing in audio noise reduction and audio encoding/compression.