Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
Dexcom is expanding through a growing reputation as the technology leader in diabetes management and patient satisfaction. We have become the standard bearer in the emerging digital health space. We're adding new staff who can further improve our innovative life-changing products.
The position is for a Staff Software Engineer to enhance our current generation and develop tools for our next generation Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) transmitter and display technology.
You will work to engineering project plans collaborating with teams across the organization. You will document your software solutions, following the relevant quality processes to meet Dexcom business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead development of software features for our next generation CGM transmitters tools
* Lead development of usability enhancements to CGM clinical study tools
* Design, implement and test new products and improve existing products
* Review and approve technical solutions
* Work with User Experience team to validate user needs and ensure the features are valuable
* Collaborate with stakeholders to define software requirements and design specifications
* Represent needs of a specific product and create development backlog for the transmitter tools software team
* Pro-actively identify and mitigate risks and resolve road blockers
* Analyze and troubleshoot field and factory reported defects
* Within a team, execute projects for on-time delivery of project goals and objectives
* Work with partners to ensure design compatibility and system integration
* Identify and implement engineering and quality process improvements
* Contribute to driving Dexcom's improved gross margin with design improvements.
* Other duties as assigned
* Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 8-12 years related experience or Master's degree and 5-7 years equivalent industry experience or a PhD and 2-4 years of experience
* High sense of accountability
* C#, WPF, C++
* UI abstraction
* Excellent communicator both verbally and in written form
* Ability to work in a fast paced / dynamic team environment and possess time management skills to meet schedules
* Agile development
* UX Modeling
* Connectivity and Networking (e.g. TCP/IP, BLE)
* Agile Scrum Master or Product Owner experience
* 0 - 20%
Language Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to perform the following Physical Activity: Standing, walking, sitting, using hands, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell. May be required to lift 0 lbs. to over 100 lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be exposed to the following environmental conditions: Wet or humid conditions, work near moving parts, work in high - precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme heat (non-weather), extreme cold (non-weather), risk of electric shock, work with explosives, risk of radiation, vibration. The noise level in this work environment can range from quiet to very loud.
Please note: The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Dexcom is a company that develops, manufactures and distributes continuous glucose monitoring systems for diabetes management.