Help Dexcom Save Lives!
Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes. For more information on how Dexcom changes lives, see our Warriors page at http://www.dexcom.com/warriors.
Our success is largely dependent on our culture and the following values:
* Listen - We comprehend the needs of people affected by diabetes.
* Serve with integrity - Act in the best interest of our community.
* Think big - Use technology to revolutionize diabetes care.
* Be dependable - Inspire confidence within our community and in one another.
Please see the following video for more information about working for Dexcom:
Dexcom is a high-growth, fast-paced environment where you work with leading-edge, cloud-native technologies supporting containerized, microservices-based applications and big data platforms in a DevOps environment. The Dexcom R&D Data team is establishing an information security program to protect multiple web applications, APIs, and a Data Platform and Data Science environment hosted in a public cloud. We're seeking a Staff Security Engineer (which is one level above Senior Engineer) to design and implement security controls/services and champion security initiatives across our team. This is a greenfield opportunity where you will help design the security architecture and determine our future roadmap. You will work alongside highly-skilled and passionate innovators who know how to deliver exceptional results while also having some fun along the way.
* Design, implement and manage security controls and automation in a DevOps environment within public clouds (such as AWS, GCP, etc.) across IaaS, SaaS and container platforms.
* Perform security assessments and provide recommendations and consulting on securing cloud infrastructure and in selecting and implementing cloud-native security tools.
* Design and manage security monitoring and threat detection systems for cloud environments.
* Develop incident response tools/capabilities and lead forensics investigations.
* Conduct vulnerability scanning and penetration testing activities and drive remediation of findings.
* Serve as a security expert and provide guidance and technical leadership to other staff members.
* Keep abreast of and provide recommendations on emerging security technologies/tools.
* Support compliance/certification activities and participate in security audits/reviews.
* 6+ years' experience in the cybersecurity, IT, or engineering fields; with at least 2 years in a DevOps security role.
* Strong understanding of security controls/services in public cloud environments (AWS or GCP).
* Experience in threat detection, monitoring, log management, incident response, and forensics.
* Experience in IAM, secrets management, encryption technologies, OS security hardening, SaaS services hardening, and container security.
* Experience with Linux administration, shell scripting, and open source security tools.
* Proficient with a modern programming/scripting language such as Python, Go, or Ruby
* Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional setting through influence, persuasion, and collaboration; strong communication skills
* BS/MS in computer science/engineering or equivalent work experience.
* Understanding of TCP/IP networking, firewalls, WAF and DNS.
* Familiarity with regulatory security/privacy standards such as HIPAA, GPDR, NIST or ISO.
* CISSP, GIAC or CCSP certification preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Dexcom is a company that develops, manufactures and distributes continuous glucose monitoring systems for diabetes management.