The IT Scrum Master will be the interface between IT Agile Teams and Dexcom corporate and business stakeholders to execute the technology strategy for assigned projects. The IT Scrum Master will serve as Scrum Master of the IT Scrum of Scrums and facilitate the coordination of Agile execution and practices across multiple IT Agile Teams. This cross-functional position will report to the IT PMO.
The IT Scrum Master will:
* Provide overall guidance for Scrum teams to adhere to Agile principles and practices. This includes sprint team backlog refinement estimating and sizing effort, release planning, sprint planning, daily stand-ups and retrospective.
* Guide and Coach the Scrum Team(s) and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values while also meeting delivery commitment.
* Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team(s) and organization and coach the team(s) to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
* Support and educate Product Owner(s) in refining and managing the product backlog(s).
* Scrum Master for IT Scrum of Scrums
* Oversee Scrum process and provide guidance to the Agile teams
* Leading the Agile team and applying Scrum to achieve business value
* Facilitate Scrum routines and corresponding with management as needed
* Facilitate process improvement in use of the Agile Tool for tracking work (JIRA)
* Integrate with project, technology and business partners to manage projects and be proactive in gathering status updates from partners, while minimizing impact.
* Support Product Owners in short and long-term release planning, backlog health and preparation for execution.
* Certified Scrum Master with minimum 7 years in-depth experience in IT, 5 years experience as Scrum Master; and 2 years as Scrum Master for a Scrum of Scrums.
* Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed)
* Experience with assisting a historically waterfall team and organization with adopting Scrum.
* Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
* Experience in assessing the Scrum Maturity of the teams and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
* Experience in management of interdependencies between agile teams.
* Experience with one or more of these following applications is a plus - Oracle EBS, Salesforce, Oracle Service Cloud, enterprise integration and infrastructure projects.
* Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space such as XP & Kanban
* Project Management certifications are a plus.
* Expert user of Atlassian apps; Jira, Confluence is a plus
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Dexcom, Inc. is a company that develops, manufactures and distributes continuous glucose monitoring systems for diabetes management.