The Sr. Staff Systems Design Engineer will be the lead test architect to define, develop, and design hardware and software requirements to be used for manufacturing test systems. In this role, you will work directly with R&D hardware and firmware teams to translate DVT requirements into manufacturing requirements for Ops System Owners. You will manage and drive Hardware, Software, Test Equipment, and architecture decisions for both internal Dexcom functional groups and with external vendors as they apply to Test Systems. The goals include meeting all corporate goals and quality commitments goals.
You will also have the opportunity to develop professionally, work on new projects, and assume increasing levels of responsibility.
Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
* Work as part of a cross-departmental team to lead the design and development of new manufacturing Test Systems for transition of products from R&D into production. The following activities are key:
* As the lead technical resource: define technical test requirements (both hardware and software) and specifications, test/validation solutions and execute for on-time delivery of project goals.
* Partner with R&D to translate proof of concept and feasibility of functions into high volume manufacturing tests.
* Participate in all R&D design and DVT meetings.
* Define, translate, and develop DVT test protocols into Manufacturing Test Applications.
* Define and develop integration test cases for new test designs and functions.
* Participate in and develop Automation strategies for Manufacturing Test Systems.
* Define and generate Engineering Reports for proof of concept and feasibility projects.
* Partner with R&D to develop Test Requirements for manufacturing.
* Lead efforts in driving and debugging firmware readiness for manufacturing Test.
* Define and develop test development stations to be used during the requirements generation phase.
* Work with R&D, Process, Manufacturing, and external contractors to specify scope, and schedule to drive designs to completion
* Partnering with Ops Software team, define the design and development of manufacturing database requirements and specifications as they apply to Test Systems.
* Define and develop manufacturing processes for installing and configuring Test Systems and transfer to Ops Systems Owners to guarantee proper function.
* Assure all manufacturing processes efforts adhere to regulatory and quality requirements.
* This position assumes and performs other duties as assigned
* Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 13+ years related experience or a Master's degree and 8+ years equivalent industry experience of a PhD and 5+ years of experience.
* 10+ years' experience in a technical role within a Product development or manufacturing environment
* 5+ years' experience in developing applications using LabVIEW
* Strong background in Analog and Digital electronics
* Prior experience working for manufacturing in medical device field
* Experienced in design-for-test (DFT) and design-for-manufacturing (DFM) practices for very high-volume products
* Experienced in debug of RF, digital, analog, processor, and Firmware applications
* Experience in developing test software for ASIC firmware communication and testing
* Experience with BLE or NFC technologies for low power battery designs
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate ideas effectively
* Knowledge of MS tools such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project
* To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, be detail oriented, and interested in or fluent in quality systems. Additionally, the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Previous experience in developing custom Test systems for High-Volume manufacturing for a medical device company
* 10+ years' experience in debug and test of Analog and Digital electronics
* LabVIEW CLD or CLA
* Previous experience managing projects with external Vendors to develop custom test systems
* Experience in developing test techniques for low current applications
* Experience in developing Test Systems using PXI and 19inch Rack equipment
* Experience with BLE or NFC implementation into high volume manufacturing Test Systems
Designs a complete and complex framework, system or product. Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility. Conceives system interfaces and business application prototypes. Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses. Influences the shaping of future products by contributing to the framework (architecture) used across multiple products or systems. Provides multi-layered technical expertise for next generation initiatives.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Dexcom is a company that develops, manufactures and distributes continuous glucose monitoring systems for diabetes management.