Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
FUNCTIONAL DESCRIPTION: Technical Individual Contributor
Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products including cloud-based or internet-related tools. Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop cloud based software systems (APIs and Websites) as part of a multi-disciplinary team that works with an Agile methodology and integrates design, development, testing, and quality control.
* Execute on technical requirements and document new ones when needed
* Participate in on-call rotation for applications
* Apply best practices for testing and deployment in an agile environment
* Understanding the technical architecture of internally developed applications
* Understand business processes and requirements from the business
* Experience in, and comfortable with, being part of a team that builds components as part of a distributed environment
* Demonstrated ability to keep up with the ever-changing software environments
* Experience in working in a Scrum-based team environment
* Strong programming skills - Kotlin, Java, NodeJS or Scala.
* Experience in building frontend and backend applications using modern frameworks and technologies.
* Familiarity using relevant, modern, software test tools and equipment
* Experience in building cloud-based, container components
* Ability to work in a dynamic team environment, and possess time management skills to meet schedules and participate in the scrum
Preferred Qualifications: (Optional)
* Experience with, or interest in, the software product development process for medical devices, particularly working in a design control environment
* Specific and relevant Google Cloud Platform experience
* Knowledge or experience in Identify management frameworks and concepts such as OAuth, OpenId and SSO.
* Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 5-8 years related experience or Master's degree and 2-5 years equivalent industry experience or a PhD and 0-2 years experience.
* Possesses broad understanding of technical principles and theories. Ability to synthesize external data and research findings for application that may impact technical objectives.
* Demonstrates successes in technical proficiency and independent thought. Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an indepth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* Exercises good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Dexcom, Inc. is a company that develops, manufactures and distributes continuous glucose monitoring systems for diabetes management.