San Francisco - CA, SF215FMT, 215 Fremont Street, 94105-2318
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is recruiting a driven, results-oriented Software Development Engineer who shares our passion for technology, innovation and excellence. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people's lives by changing the way the world invests. We are in the midst of re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. We are moving towards a Test Driven development and Continuous Integration environment using Bamboo and Bitbucket. You will be a hands-on lead developer that excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment and is passionate about developing high quality, high performance, and scalable software. You will work aside a team of seasoned engineers whose main objective is to maintain all aspects of the overall software development lifecycle and ensure the on-time, quality delivery of software product releases.
This position will be part of Digital innovation at Schwab, focused on improving the Retirement Journey for our clients. We will focus on driving client-centricity, reducing time to market & increasing efficiency. The model is insights-driven and focuses on rapid iterations to drive innovation and transformation. Ideal candidates enjoy fast-paced environments, thrive under ambiguity and embrace change passionately. The Retirement Journey is a unique opportunity to grow and transform our business through driving significant step-change in our time to market, building more integrated client-centric experiences, and enabling project success via cross-functional coordination and ownership.
What you'll do:
Analyze, design, program, debug, and modify software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet related computer programs. Code may be used in commercial or end-user applications, such as materials management, financial management, HRIS or desktop applications products. Use current programming language and technologies, write code, complete programming, and perform testing and debugging of applications. Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
What you have:
* Minimum 5+ years of software development experience
* Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
* Experience with frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate and understanding of UML (Unified Modeling Language).
* Expert in object oriented analysis, SOA, design patterns, development, implementation and maintenance.
* Proficient building server side applications based upon Microsoft technologies, specifically utilizing Visual Studio and C#
* Strong experience developing/managing REST and SOAP-based Web Service API(s) in a transaction processing environment
* Experience with distributed multi-tier applications, WMI, NO SQL databases, and SQL is preferred
* Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
* Good understanding of latest Architecture and Development Standards and Guidelines
* Independently plans own work and is accountable to meet schedules and deliverables
* Ability to analyze, propose and implement timely, cost effective, quality solutions for all issues or problems within area of responsibility
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for composing and delivering technical presentations or other forms of documentation to various level of technical and non-technical management
* Proficient managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs Position Located In: CA - San Francisco Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Thursday, May 23, 2019
Expiration Date: Tuesday, August 27, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a bank and brokerage firm.