We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Sr. Technical Lead will with work with technical and business partners to design and maintain optimal programming and environment solutions. Job activities will involve research and documenting production environments, architecture, developing solutions and support the tools and processes to gather detailed user requirements, architect/develop a solution and drive strategic planning discussions with technical, business, and client stakeholders.
What you'll do:
* Analyze, design, develop, debug, configure and modify software systems and/or new products used in local, cloud, networked, mobile or Internet-related technology. Code may be used in commercial and/or end-user applications.
* Leverage current and evolving technologies to design, code, test, log, debug, document, and analyze current and future applications; all with the goals of Maintainability, Security, Availability, and Scalability.
* Interact with users and/or stakeholders to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
* Lead cooperative efforts among members of project teams.
* Act as a mentor to junior staff members.
What you have:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field OR related practical experience
* 8+ years professional experience in software development
* 5+ years leveraging C#.NET
* Demonstrated experience designing, creating, testing, and consuming REST APIs with a focus on security and performance.
* Ability to develop unit tests and effectively automate test execution
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Hunger to learn and an intense technical curiosity
* Critical thinker and solutions-oriented
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Desire to learn new technologies
* Tenacity and persistence
* Working knowledge of creating cloud-native applications
* Experience developing with .NET Core
* Experience with scrum methodology
* Experience tuning and maximizing performance of UI & API components
* Understanding of common design patterns and appropriate usage
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Thursday, February 28, 2019
Expiration Date: Thursday, August 1, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.