Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Software Engineers within the Wealth Management Technology organization are responsible for delivering Robo-Advisor solutions used by Schwab Clients and Advisors. As a Senior Engineer, you will contribute by delivering high quality solutions that meet business objectives in a flexible, collaborative and rapidly changing delivery environment. It requires highly motivated and focused developers curious to build new and innovative solutions for our Clients.
What you'll do:
* Work in an environment with a heavy emphasis on continuous integration and deployment strategies
* Be a champion of new ways of collaborating with technology and business partners
* Search out and evangelize new and emerging technologies including open source tools
* Influence and implement improvements and efficiencies in the technical aspects of the development process
* Ensure the highest quality software is developed, delivered and maintained
* Be a key leader in the agile process fostering collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and transparency
* Be a mentor to junior members of the team
What you have:
* 8+ years demonstrated real world software development experience
* Knowledge and experience in web service design and implementation
* Enterprise web application development
* Object oriented languages such as Java or C#
* Microsoft technologies such as .NET
* Software engineering principles such as software design patterns
* Database technologies such as SQL, Oracle or MongoDB
* Working knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment and DevOps principles
* Understanding of cloud-native platforms like Pivotal Cloud Foundry including the implementation of microservices
* Understanding of BDD and TDD styles
* Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values and procedures
* Experience mentoring and guiding junior developers
* Experience building designs and reviewing them with architects
* Expertise in the software development lifecycle with proven examples of delivery process improvement
* Curiosity to understand and leverage new tools and technologies
* Strong desire to leverage technology to build products that "wow" users
* Excellent team player with the ability to influence and negotiate
* Self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and/or Masters in Computer Science or relevant work experience
Nice to have:
* Experience with mobile development including native, hybrid and web
* .NET Core
* Pivotal Cloud Foundry
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: Yes Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs Position Located In: CO - Lone Tree Education: HS/GED Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Wednesday, June 5, 2019
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 29, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a bank and brokerage firm.