Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Automation Engineer will implement solutions to ensure automation, performance and availability of the Enterprise Middleware Online Security Team (EMOST) applications meet the team standards and maintain the systems according to our Service Level Agreements. The individual is expected to contribute to Schwab's journey to mature our DevOps processes by establishing automated recovery processes, streamlining our monitoring processes, and improving our software development practice. This position has opportunities to build new tools, new deployment strategies, CI/CD scripts, build/enhance monitoring dashboards, build/enhance Alerts.
What you'll do:
* Identifying opportunities to build innovative tools and solve unique operations problems.
* Creating apps or scripts to automate operational tasks and incorporate the solutions into our platform.
* Coordinating with release management to understand the impact of deployments in production.
* Collaborating with support and development teams.
* Working closely with team lead and other staff to become educated on the wide array of systems and their interdependencies.
* Communicating across the organization to maintain awareness, direct restoration efforts and identify situationally appropriate knowledge workers.
* Identifying existing metrics and monitoring systems to prevent duplication of effort.
* Elevating awareness of the importance of availability of our platform.
* Working with Team Lead (Sr.Staff level) to design and implement process improvement in our Production Services and Operations.
* Building CI/CD pipeline using scripts and CI/CD tools like Bamboo
What you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
* A minimum of 5 years' related experience
* A minimum of 2 years' experience with scripting including power shell, shell script
* Significant experience with Angular v2.0 or above
* Experience of CI/CD process pipeline preferably using bamboo
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-less than 2 yrs, IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs, IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-2-5 yrs, IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-less than 2 yrs, IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs, IT-Distributed and Web Development-2-5 yrs, IT-Distributed and Web Development-less than 2yrs, IT-Change Management/Release Management-6+ yrs, IT-Change Management/Release Management-2-5 yrs, IT-Change Management/Release Management-less than 2 yrs, IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-6+ yrs, IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-2-5 yrs, IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-less than 2 yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Expiration Date: Tuesday, November 19, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.