Ignite your future: your opportunity
The Schwab Charitable Technology team is seeking an experienced full-stack web developer, with .NET Core experience, to join our growing organization. This position combines the responsibilities of software development and technical leadership in an agile environment. As a senior member of a development team, you will be responsible for helping unblock the rest of the team so that they can work efficiently on their assigned tasks. The tech lead will help drive cross team technical initiatives, assist the team with adhering to Schwab engineering development best practices.
Unleash your talents: what you're good at
* Work closely with architects and business partners to define Agile stories for new capabilities.
* Perform thorough design reviews and code reviews.
* Provide technical direction and support to the rest of your team.
* Hands on coding, unit testing and production issue troubleshooting.
* Lead design and implementation of new stories and bug fixes.
* Participate in product roadmap discussions and long term planning for your team.
* Develop tools and practices that will increase the efficiency of your team.
* Mentor junior staff in the team and help them reach their career goals.
* Partnering with fellow developers, QA, product owners, technical leads and architects.
Engage your expertise: what you'll have
* 7+ years of full stack application development experience and experience mentoring/assisting junior team developers on team
* Proven experience developing and implementing applications, particularly web-enabled applications using:
* Front End Technologies/Concepts: Angular and/or AngularJS, JSON/XML, Sync/ASync services
* Back End Technologies/Concepts: .NET core, C# and RESTful API design, Micro-Services and Event-drive driven architecture and frameworks
* Database Technologies/Concepts: Document Based (No-SQL/MongoDB) Architectures and Relational (SQL/Oracle)
* Environment: Distributed Monolithic and Cloud Based Micro-services (Private Cloud/Pivotal Cloud Foundry is strongly differentiating)
* Passion for enterprise-level agile development
* Solid understanding in web application environments and development tools, event-driven application development, session state management, web configuration and deployment strategies, security and performance tuning, and debugging methodologies
* Comfortable with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) concepts, unit testing principles and implementations, API test automation techniques as well as automated deployment pipeline tools
* Experience with Atlassian tool suite is strongly preferred: JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo
* Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Effective time management. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task effectively
* Have a passion for problem solving, the ability to quickly learn new concepts, and must be able to interact with all levels of technical and business teams
* Proven ability to work independently while serving in a leadership role within a team
* Be a team player, self-motivated and able to work collaboratively across organizations and geographic locations
* BS or higher in computer science or related technical field
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a bank and brokerage firm.