Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Trading Technology Services provides 24/7 coverage for mission critical trading and market data services which supply functionality to Schwab's Retail, Active Trader and Advisor Services applications. Active Trader serves over 250,000 clients with Schwab Advisor StreetSmart Edge, StreetSmart Edge, StreetSmartCentral.com and Edge in Cloud. Market Data provides tremendous cost savings to the firm by providing an in house ticker-plant for quotes direct to our clients as well as Schwab's technology infrastructure. The team's focus is to manage and monitor various production client-servicing products spread across 1000+ servers, with a service availability approach.
What you'll do:
As one of the top financial brokerage and banking firms in the world, this is an excellent opportunity to apply your skills to ensure our new and existing trading products are innovative and highly available. You will join a team of highly talented, FinTech engineers who share a passion for seeing delivery of our services "Through the client's eyes". The team is aligned with several development teams across the Schwab organization to achieve continuous delivery of new product offerings. A successful candidate will be expected to drive continuous delivery and high availability through thoughtful, proactive monitoring and automation. You will achieve this through active participation in feature/product planning sessions with a laser focus on Schwab's Definition of Done (DoD). The ideal candidate is a Developer with a passion for production systems availability. You will demonstrate exceptional troubleshooting and debugging skills to mitigate service interruptions and ensure such events are resolved as quickly as possible. You also need the ability to perform root cause analysis and identify resolution options (code fix, automation, playbook) to prevent future occurrences.
What you have:
* BS or MS in computer science
* Experience creating meaningful Splunk dashboards, queries and alerting
* 2+ years experience successfully developing applications in a Windows environment
* Minimum 2-4 years in-depth technical experience with design and implementation of enterprise level infrastructure solutions
* 2+ years programming experience (Python, Perl, Powershell)
* 2+ years experience with Ansible for CI/CD
* Ability to develop architectural and design Visio diagrams for new and existing products
* Knowledge of Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager, SQL Server, Windows Server and Linux Server
* Experience with the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, HipChat, etc)
* Splunk Power User Certification
* RedHat Systems Administrator or Engineer (RHCSA, RHCE)
* Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
* Experience with Financial Services
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Job Specifications Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Friday, April 26, 2019
Expiration Date: Tuesday, August 6, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a bank and brokerage firm.