Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab's Analysts thrive in a leading-edge work culture while developing products that help Schwab clients learn, explore and make life-impacting moves on their paths to achieving their goals. The Platform & Application Architecture Team is looking for a Business Systems Analyst to work on Customer Experience (for our engineering teams) and Operational Excellence to inspire and share architectural services including patterns and processes for the extended Schwab Technology Services organization. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong leadership qualities and analytical depth who can reliably contribute in a highly collaborative culture and agile team environment. You will analyze, model, and develop metrics to achieve firm-wide impact, measuring the value of our services to achieve and develop complex and high-level experience and improvement strategies that greatly improve the way the team operates and collaborates across the organization. You will work closely with other technologists to define the experience strategy for the firm and provide critical capabilities that impact the entirety of Schwab technology across multiple diverse lines of business. You will generalize established and emerging practices into clear guidance and pattern documentation. You will be a part of Schwab's Platform & Application Architecture team: A team of passionate technologists responsible for holistic technology strategy (Mobile, Web, Data, Cloud, etc.).
Your motivation, creativity, and power of influence will be vital factors as you join a new team within the Application Architecture group: Customer Experience and Operational Excellence. Your drive and ability to future-plan will support the team's vision to delight our customers and shift application architecture into a teaching model and achieve our mission of delivering our practice successfully at scale
If you are someone that strong developers, leads, and architects want to work with, and you have the uncanny ability to drive a compelling long-term technology vision, then you should consider this opportunity to lead the development of a unified Schwab enterprise. Your hands-on experience in understanding the needs of a delivery organization and deep interest in improving the way we work in the broad enterprise platforms (information architecture, information flow, appropriate modularization and loose coupling while measuring flexibility with specification and optimization) will have direct impact on the direction of the company, our clients and our industry.
What you'll do:
Collaborative design for solution architecture experiences which meets the delivery team needs.
* Identify, prioritize, engineer, and deliver tactical and long-term solutions to maximize the business value.
* Facilitate functional design for release planning objectives and vision with multiple scrum teams & stakeholders.
* Collaboration, development and management of functional features, user stories, high level requirements and detailed level requirements to drive business and delivery solutions
* Provide guidance to stakeholders to facilitate the vision, release planning, features, user stories & overall program for experience and pattern excellence.
* Provide direction, guidance, definition, evaluation, and facilitation for the development of current and future architecture patterns.
* Improve the way we develop and document standards and best practices.
* Consult on larger enterprise strategy.
* Collaborate with the extended Schwab architecture community to design/deliver larger scoped initiatives.
* Travel occasionally to collaborate with fellow technologists, engineering teams, and Schwab Technology Services leadership.
What you have:
* Ability to own the Customer Experience and Operational Excellence strategy for the delivery teams, including long term direction and presentation of a vision for the future of the Schwab Technology Services platform.
* Ability to drive- directly and through influence -optimal solution strategy, with agility and leadership qualities which engineers recognize and respect.
* Understand business processes, roles, steps and goals.
* Can identify opportunities for process improvement.
* Desire and ability to understand diverse business domains and develop practices that meet the current and anticipated business needs of multiple partners.
* Ability to evaluate new technologies and both know and apply the latest in industry trends.
* Ability to identify and analyze business and technology requirements.
* Manage project requirements across functional groups including traceability and changes.
* Good judgment and the ability to thrive in high pressure situations.
* Experience addressing operational and non-functional concerns (e.g. horizontal & vertical scalability, performance, maintainability, load distribution, resilience and recovery, etc.).
* Knowledge of the enterprise technology space: languages, frameworks, techniques, and industry trends.
* Ability (and preference) to work in an agile environment.
* Ability to devise, develop and apply innovative technology to solutions that would benefit our clients.
* Ability to influence and affect changes that have broad and long-term impact on the firm.
* Refined presentation and communication skills and the ability to interface and communicate effectively with both engineers and executives.
* A strong software analysis background is required.
What you'll get:
* Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
* Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs Position Located In: CO - Lone Tree Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Saturday, June 1, 2019
Expiration Date: Sunday, September 1, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.