Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Are you an enthusiastic technologist? We'd love to meet you. The Service Integration and API Management (SIAM) team is looking for a Staff Software Application Engineer to help build Schwab's message-broker services. Our team is critical in developing and driving the integration of services into Schwab's integrated and future state business processes. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly visible team that delivers innovative services at Schwab.
What you'll do:
You will be joining us as a Staff Software Application Engineer with the SIAM team focused on building implementations of our internal messaging services built upon common message-broker technologies, which will drive application modernization. We are looking for a person with excellent CS fundamentals who is language and technology agnostic. You will:
* Develop and coordinate the implementation of MBus queues leveraging IBM Integration Bus (IIB) and Websphere MQ.
* Work with development teams across Schwab to migrate from MBus to new message-broker technologies.
* Work with the SAVE team members to facilitate issue resolution including MQ on the mainframe.
* Develop and maintain documentation sets for onboarding new MQ flows, application maintenance routines and migration use cases through the use of Jira and Confluence.
What you have:
We are looking for a passionate engineer who cares about working together as a team. We expect you to have:
* 5+ years software development experience.
* Deep knowledge of current implementation of IBM MQ and IIB realized through the MBus application.
* Experience with Unix shell scripts and Linux OS.
* Experience with DB2 and Mainframe for message-broker technologies.
* Experience with Scrum and Kanban agile framework methodologies.
* The ability to work across teams and organizations to get things done.
* Passion to learn new technologies and best practices for software development.
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related fields.
Nice to have:
* Experience with Rabbit MQ.
* Experience running stand up meetings similar to that of a scrum master.
* Experience with a Java technologies.
* Proficiency in managing workload through the use of Jira stories.
* Experience developing and supporting apps in a high visibility production environment.
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Friday, June 7, 2019
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 22, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a bank and brokerage firm.