Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Paulette Maxey Ivory
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future..
The Model Risk Management (MRM) Governance team resides within MRM under the Corporate Risk Management organization at Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. Model Risk Management is responsible for effectively managing the risk to the firm of using financial models. A responsibility of the MRM Governance team is to perform technical validation/audit of controls surrounding model environments.
The Senior Technical Control Consultant on the MRM team will drive the design and execution of technical validations and consult with lead validators to determine technical soundness of model environments. The technical control areas include data management/quality, access management, change management, and backup and archival.
What you'll do:
* Drive design and execution of technical validations across all business units and all types of models, reviewing technical controls including, but not limited to, in the following areas
* Access management and control
* Technical implementation and change management
* Backup and archival of process, code, and data
* Data quality and data management
* Align scope of technical validations with industry best practice and with other technical teams at the firm
* Identifying issues and working with model owners on building applicable and effective technical solutions
* Consult with lead validators to determine technical soundness of model environments
* As needed, participate in other model governance related activities
What you have:
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a proven ability to work in an IT auditing/consulting/validation environment. The ideal candidate also has a clear focus on robust documentation and iterative testing. Specifically, you will have:
* Bachelor's degree required
* Master's degree or equivalent work experience in related area of technical systems preferred
* 5 years of experience in building, validating, or auditing technical systems
* Experience in an audit, compliance, or control validation environment
* Experience with models preferred
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to create robust documentation (technical and non-technical)
* Sharp critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Ability to drive work independently
* Highly comfortable working in a fast-paced, technologically-advanced environment
* Knowledge of lending products (particularly first mortgage and HELOCs) and their performance drivers preferred
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs, Regulatory, Risk Analysis, Internal Audit, Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Compliance Position Located In: CO - Lone Tree Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Monday, April 29, 2019
Expiration Date: Thursday, August 1, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a bank and brokerage firm.