Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Advice Technology is a part of the Schwab Technology Services organization, supporting the Investor Services business. Our team delivers and supports Advice applications and products used by Schwab Representatives and our Clients as they plan for their financial futures and wealth management.
The Sr. Project Manager/Program Manager oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the Advice Technology portfolio across projects and operating expense including planning, organizing, and controlling cross organizational activities and deliverables. You will be responsible for creating project plans, leading scrum of scrums, collaborating across the cross-organizational team effort, managing risks, providing oversight, and documenting all aspects of projects and operating expense initiatives across a large portfolio.
What you'll do:
* Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities
* Lead and coordinate new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
* Drive programs or large, complex projects to completion and execute roadmaps, while championing business objectives and goals
* Manage interdependencies across a high number of scrum teams and organizations
* Adapt style to work with a diverse set of stakeholder needs and expectations
* Work across diverse business and technical partners to broker decisions and negotiate trade-offs
* Distill complex information for business partners
* Communicate effectively at an executive level
* Mediate and resolve conflicts, maintain a strategic focus when making decisions
* Demonstrate sound judgment regarding decisions and escalations with complete information
* Provide supervision and direction to project teams to ensure successful execution
* Ensure quality and evidence of project documentation
* Understanding of agile processes, team velocity and the ability to forecast progress accordingly
* Collaborate across Build, Support, Automation and architectural teams to help remove roadblocks
* Coordinate with external vendors and internal technical and legal teams to manage relationships and contractual agreements
What you have:
* Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of project management experience, managing multiple large, complex and cross functional projects
* Proven ability to earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders through focused execution of business priorities
* Proven ability to deliver highly visible, complex projects
* Ability to navigate and be successful in a highly matrixed organization
* Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
* Demonstrated and applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects
* Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
* Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management tools and methodologies
* Experience successfully driving t initiatives in an organization.
* Tactfully communicates sensitive information.
* Ability to manage budgets.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations.
* Experience in planning, implementation and support of business application components.
* Pursues excellence in all aspects of business.
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: Project Management-6+ yrs Position Located In: CO - Lone Tree Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Expiration Date: Thursday, August 1, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a bank and brokerage firm.