We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is recruiting to hire a driven, results-oriented software professional who shares our passion for technology, innovation and excellence. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people's lives by changing the way the world invests. We are in the midst of re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. Release Manager will manage 3-4 mid-sized projects at any given point of time in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. He/She should be able to work with several stakeholders across the Organization to deliver quality releases. In addition, able to manage production issues by coordinating across impacted groups including Business, technology operations, service consumers and support personnel. The candidate should have solid experience and understanding of Agile Scrum/Kanban Methodology.
What you'll do:
* Manage key application release schedules, ad-hoc projects and/or key infrastructure initiatives across multiple environments
* Solid track record in an operational/support role, understands how to protect the production environment with appropriate controls as needed to maintain high availability
* Proficient managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment
* Document and manage project schedules, scope, timelines, identify and mitigate risks and communicate them with key stakeholders such as business partners, product owners, scrum masters, and SME, in a timely manner
* Create Request for change and obtain appropriate approvals, including approvals from the governing bodies and risk management groups
* Facilitates emergency releases from production incident identification to incident closure after release
* Verifies and capture business certification and customer acceptances/sign-off on deliverables
* Contribute to process improvements for the release management process and maintain documentation of all release processes
* Maintain awareness and stays current with configuration management policies and procedures
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for composing and communicating to all the stake holders involved, including providing clear, concise, and timely communication to all parties before, during and after deployments
What you have:
* Bachelor Degree in Computer science or Information management system
* 3+ years of experience in managing complex and critical applications. A key role of this resource will be to lead teams through the Release Process: Ability to Define deployment plans, identify deployment dependencies, define deployment timelines for releases
* 3+ Years of experience managing applications in production environment. This resource may be asked to lead teams during issues, provide resolution, and root cause analysis
* 3+ years of experience working with both onshore and offshore teams
* Experience working with Change Management tools for tracking the production changes
* Knowledge of BMC Remedy, TFS, Jira, and Clarity preferred
* Strong interpersonal, negotiation, facilitation, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision- making and conflict resolution skills
* Good Listening skills. Attention to details and track issues to resolution
* Strong ownership mentality with a focus on customer satisfaction. Be able to easily communicate with Scrum Masters / Developers / Production owners during the release management process
* Knowledge Agile methodologies preferred
* Financial services industry experience
* Tableau experience
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Change Management/Release Management-3+ yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a bank and brokerage firm.