Austin - TX, AUSTINA, 12401 Research Blvd Svrd NB, 78759
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
This position will be part of Digital innovation at Schwab and we will focus on driving client-centricity, reducing time to market & increasing efficiency. The model is insights-driven and focuses on rapid iterations to drive innovation and transformation. Ideal candidates enjoy fast-paced environments, thrive under ambiguity and embrace change passionately. This is a unique opportunity to grow and transform our business through driving significant step-change in our time to market, building more integrated client-centric experiences, and enabling project success via cross-functional coordination and ownership.
What you'll do:
We are looking for a highly experienced Automation QA Tester with Test Project Management and QA Lead experience. This role requires the individual to write automation code in Selenium WebDriver with Ruby for the corresponding ATDD. Responsibilities include the following:
* Implement test practices, standards and processes, troubleshoot test issues, record test results, track and prioritize defects, participate in product readiness and release decisions.
* Make sure the automation is constantly running and being analyzed, reporting on failure promptly.
* Be effective in participating at program, project and product related levels.
* Participate in technical governance and help negotiate overall product quality standards with development and business teams.
* Define and execute both the project and release level Test Strategies, Test Plans and Test Cases/Scripts which span across multiple, internal QA Product Teams.
* Coordinate test execution with external vendors, as applicable, according to Retail Web Trading standards.
* Work with the QA Manager to research, investigate, implement and train other QA Testing Resources in the areas of Agile Testing Practices, Test Driven Development, Testing Automation and managing Testing Metrics for publication to Upper Management.
* Accountable for project/product based testing efforts across multiple applications (including End to End Test efforts).
* Act as the escalation point for all testing related issues, provide the QA perspective, status reporting and escalate issues to responsible stakeholders, as well as insure standard, and consistent, QA processes are followed.
* Work with assigned Product Teams, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to compose and manage integrated project plans, testing schedules, metrics and provide project and release status updates to all levels of management.
* Coordinate with team members for testing activities, participating in Requirements Ambiguity, & Use Case / User Story Reviews, and conduct QA analysis & test support activities.
* Work cross-organizationally both within Schwab and with external vendors, both on and offshore to define environment requirements, identify QA-related tools, develop and execute QA process and testing best practices.
What you have:
* BS/BA degree in computer science or related field.
* 8+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance
* 6+ years of hands on experience in development, execution and maintenance of automated test scripts
* Prior Technical lead experience providing mentoring, code review, design support, etc.
* Hands on coding experience in Ruby, Java, C# or any other Object oriented programming language
* Experience with Selenium WebDriver
* Experience with Agile Development Practices
* Good understanding of exploratory testing practices
* Good knowledge of new standard industry tools for logging bugs and managing test cases (ex. JIRA/MTM, Zephyr/HPQ)
* Hands on experience with Web services virtualization
* Ability to perform Code Reviews
* Experience with scoping, sizing and overseeing multiple concurrent projects, assessing the appropriate level of risk-based testing, reviewing team deliverables and being the single point of contact for stakeholders
* Proven ability of working and leading multiple projects and releases, balancing time and effort for successful delivery
* Proven experience as a leader/trainer in a large, complex QA organization, with a demonstrated ability in leading a risk-based approach to software testing
* Proven experience driving innovative testing solutions within a complex, Enterprise Platform
* Experience working with resources in different geographical locations and offshore vendors
* Acceptance test-driven development (ATDD) using the Gherkin language like Cucumber, JBehave, SpecFlow
* Understanding of CI/CD practices, lean methodologies
* Experience with Jenkins / Bamboo /GIT
* Financial/Trading services industry experience
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs, IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-6+ yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Monday, April 22, 2019
Expiration Date: Thursday, August 1, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.